[V5535] internet explorer script error

Moderator: ModTeam

Raycboy
Product(s): ESPRIMO V5535

[V5535] internet explorer script error

Postby Raycboy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 18:36

I know that I am probably asking in the wrong place but I feel as if I am banging my head against a wall trying to get through to microsoft to sort out my problem. I have a ESPRIMO 5355 with vista home basic, I have internet explorer on my notebook so I started using it, every thing was fine for a couple of weeks then it started going wrong. I have been getting this message come up when I am starting up:-
Internet explorer script error
line 2
char 30293
error"a" is null or not an object
code 0
url http://db2.t.msn.com/en-gb/home.aspx?ver=8.5.1302&did=1
Then I am asked do I want to cont running scripts on this page

and after a few minutes this then comes up
microsoft visual c++runtime error
program:c\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
this applicationhas requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

And then it just closes down and I lose every thing that I have been doing....HELP!!!
I am fairly new to computing but I dont think I have done any thing to cause this, I am also using java script could that be causing it? if so does anybody know what I do to combat it, I also opened Microsoft office word 2007 that was on my notebook, would I be best off just resetting every thing and starting again? I hope thats not what I have to do because of things I have got now, Norton security,Stumble toolbar, Msn toolbar, Please could some one give me some advice in laymans terms, it would be greatly appreciated, Ta very much

kAiZeR sOzE
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile M9400

Re: [V5535] internet explorer script error

Postby kAiZeR sOzE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 13:42

my advice to you my friend:
Move to FireFox ,because its so much better than IE , it Owns IE by Stages!!!

atarian
Product(s): v5535

Re: [V5535] internet explorer script error

Postby atarian » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:34

i dont know what version ie your using. i used to get that on ie8 so i uninstalled iei8 and did a reinstal of ie7!

if your using ie7, then go microsoft downloads and look for ie7 redistributable download - this is the one us system builders use it saves downloading everytime. try reinstalling ie7 then follow by checking for updates.

yes firefox 3 is lot better n faster, open source highly secure, maybe m$ will take note when they sort out ie8.

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”