[V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Moderator: ModTeam

qwak
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:33
Product(s): ESPRIMO MOBILE V5535
Bought on April 08
Intel Celeron 1.8Mhz - 1.5 GB RAM
Location: Madrid, Spain

[V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby qwak » Mon Oct 13, 2008 18:50

I bought my Esprimo V5355 in April 08 (6 months ago) and I am extremely happy with it so far.

I paid 300 euros, which is the lowest price I have seen for a laptop, and it works perfectly well. I have problems mostly with the Graphic card, as it can't run transparencies in Vista or XP, and has problems with heavy games. But I knew that limitation and my use is for other things. Stil I am surprised positively, I open many programs at the same time and runs very fast. But certainly you have to be careful with the work load.

My main complaint is that the SIS graphic card doesn't support Linux and you are forced to use Windows. I wish the graphic card could be replaced, it's the weakest point in my opinion. Also, the battery lasts only 30 minutes as much. Too short. So, all together, I am very happy considering the price. If I had paid more, I'm not sure I would be happy, but this is all I could afford, I knew the limitations and my opinion is very positive.

Besides, I personally like the colors and design more that most other ones. Looks robust and the whole graphite color is nice.

What is your experience? Can you tell your satisfaction level, model code and price?

I am just curious. I think it was a great buy for that price.

REGARDS.

User avatar
amater
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:01
Product(s): Lifebook E8020, Lifebook S7110, Amilo D7830, Amilo Pro V2030, Pocket LOOX N560, Scenic L, Scenic XS, Celsius M460
Location: Slovenia
Contact:

Re: How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby amater » Mon Oct 13, 2008 19:02

For 300€ you really can't expect miracles :) The integrated graphics card is really not meant for playing games (except solitare).

As for the battery, if you really only have 30 minutes of battery time I suggest that you contact your local helpdesk and they will replace the battery with a new one. According to the datasheet it should have
1h 20 min (4 cell battery)
.
Share your knowledge...

qwak
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:33
Product(s): ESPRIMO MOBILE V5535
Bought on April 08
Intel Celeron 1.8Mhz - 1.5 GB RAM
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby qwak » Mon Oct 13, 2008 19:11

Thanks for that. I will call them.

As for the games, I don't care, I don't like computer games much and I knew it would be short. I am more frustrated about the non-Linux thing and the transparencies problem, because many programs use them too, like Rainlendar (the calendar-agenda I have used for some years).

The graphic card cannot be replaced for a better one, right?

Thanks again.

atarian
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 14:26
Product(s): v5535

Re: How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby atarian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 21:04

no its built into the motherboard.

when i got my 5535 it was slow, it had an operating system installed on it that the cpu could run.

aafter major upgrading it does the job, just wish fsc actually cared about us customers. i cant reinstal the os as i had no disk with it and fsc dont give a stuff so looks like i'll had to buy retail, at least i can go 64-bit and have acess to more thanm 3gig ram.

graphics is a let down as it has a fair bit of memory onboard, more than my vaio. i cant open macafee security as its just a blank window - down to the graphics card. suppose to be a business machine, thats why they instal vista home basic on it then you find out you have to turn every enhancement off, or switch it to windows 98.

i was hoping to use it for photos but as the graphics/direct x features keep telling me that its "an unsupported graphics card" there bugger all i can do.

wont be advising anyone else to go fsc...

baldo
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:13
Product(s): esprimo mobile V5545

Re: [V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby baldo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:50

i dont know exactly whats the specs of this V5355.

I just buy last month my V5455. The price is amazing coz if you compare it with other brand like dell, toshiba, etc...it almost double the price. V5455 has dedicated 128 mb VGA(ATI 2400) which is very usefull when it comes to graphic softwares, games. It is also associated with bluetoth, wifi.

As I read on some threads on this forum, this model has a problem with VGA which is the screen will turn into white and i experience it twice since i purchase this item but it only happens when i try to share folder in my network, after that it runs very smothly.

Im very happy with this stuff and I can recommend it to thus who are planning to buy laptop but be causcious on the defect which i mentioned. I hope FSC can provide proven solution with this problem.

baldo
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:13
Product(s): esprimo mobile V5545

Re: [V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby baldo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:51

sorry! it is V5545.

unkn0wn
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 20:05
Product(s): esprimo v5515

Re: [V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby unkn0wn » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:20

I have no 3D driver in Linux and driver to modem...

User avatar
kAiZeR sOzE
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:56
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile M9400
Contact:

Re: [V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby kAiZeR sOzE » Wed Oct 29, 2008 20:57

im extremely happy with my FSC lappy.except for the lower speaker problem.

birke
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:50
Product(s): ESPRIMO v5535 , 1 GB DDR2 , SATA 120 , CELERON M550 , WIN XP PROF

Re: [V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby birke » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:38

qwak wrote:I bought my Esprimo V5355 in April 08 (6 months ago) and I am extremely happy with it so far.

I paid 300 euros, which is the lowest price I have seen for a laptop, and it works perfectly well. I have problems mostly with the Graphic card, as it can't run transparencies in Vista or XP, and has problems with heavy games. But I knew that limitation and my use is for other things. Stil I am surprised positively, I open many programs at the same time and runs very fast. But certainly you have to be careful with the work load.

My main complaint is that the SIS graphic card doesn't support Linux and you are forced to use Windows. I wish the graphic card could be replaced, it's the weakest point in my opinion. Also, the battery lasts only 30 minutes as much. Too short. So, all together, I am very happy considering the price. If I had paid more, I'm not sure I would be happy, but this is all I could afford, I knew the limitations and my opinion is very positive.

Besides, I personally like the colors and design more that most other ones. Looks robust and the whole graphite color is nice.

What is your experience? Can you tell your satisfaction level, model code and price?

I am just curious. I think it was a great buy for that price.

REGARDS.


I have VIsta on my V5535 , graphics works perfect !!
You can run run transparencies in Vista
You must test you system with vista performance tool , after instalation of mirage drivers.
Vista shows me that i have 3,0 note after instalation of mirage3 drivers

catcha125
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 21:22
Product(s): ESPRIMO Mobile V5515

Re: [V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby catcha125 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 13:40

I have had the V5515 now for 10 monrths and I am not too happy with it. The battery lasts for less than an hour , the laptop underneath gets sooo hot you cant stand it on your knee!. Also the sound compared to my sons Compaq is very poor. I would not reccomend this laptop to anyone. :(

User avatar
faraz_k86
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:39
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5535

Re: [V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby faraz_k86 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:16

catcha125 wrote:I have had the V5515 now for 10 monrths and I am not too happy with it. The battery lasts for less than an hour , the laptop underneath gets sooo hot you cant stand it on your knee!. Also the sound compared to my sons Compaq is very poor. I would not reccomend this laptop to anyone. :(


I agree.

the only downer of my v5535 is my battery it only gives 40 minutes on a full charge. that sucks. I wont purchase a F-S laptop again

baldo
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:13
Product(s): esprimo mobile V5545

Re: [V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby baldo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:08

the design is very poor compare to dell, toshiba, compaq, sony etc...
im planning to sell my V5545.

qwak
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:33
Product(s): ESPRIMO MOBILE V5535
Bought on April 08
Intel Celeron 1.8Mhz - 1.5 GB RAM
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: [V5355] How happy are you with your ESPRIMO?

Postby qwak » Sun Jan 04, 2009 16:23

baldo wrote:the design is very poor compare to dell, toshiba, compaq, sony etc...
im planning to sell my V5545.


I like the design of my V5535 more than any other I have seen, even much more expensive ones. A matter of personal taste.

You said you were happy before with it, what happened?

faraz_k86 wrote:the only downer of my v5535 is my battery it only gives 40 minutes on a full charge. that sucks. I wont purchase a F-S laptop again


Yes. I called them for this reason and they sent me a new battery for free. In the beginning it lasted like 1 hour or a bit more, but now it is only around 40 minutes again.

In any case, I repeat that for the price I paid (280 euros new) I am extremely happy yet. I have used other laptops from friends which are much more expensive and I don't like them more than mine. I think it is being realistic to expect a low performance in many ways, but still I can do almost anything and works very fast.

Besides, when having a cheap laptop you risk less if it gets stolen, lost, broken or if you want to resell it and buy another one. I think that the future is cheap latptops that work well enough.


Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests