Virtualization

Moderator: ModTeam

pecko88
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile v5505

Re: Virtualization

Postby pecko88 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:30

horica78 wrote:I have an Esprimo Mobile V5505 with a T7300 Core2 Duo CPU and the last version of bios available for download A1D .
I found a great article http://www.linuxformat.gr/?q=content/how-unlock-and-enable-hardware-accelerated-virtualization-technology-vt-sony-vaio-laptop-and which helped me to enable VT on my laptop .
Following the steps described in the article i found that de resource who activates VT in bios is 0x27c .
In order to activate VT :
1) Make a bootable flash as described in article and copy symcmos on it
2) Boot from flash and execute symcmos -L which will output file literal.txt on your flash
3) Modify literal.txt - the line (027C) [0000] to (027C) [0001] and save
4) Boot from flash again and execute symcmos -V2 -uLITERAL.TXT
5) Power off your laptop
6) Power on your laptop and check if VT is enabled - on my laptop it worked
With this solution it won't be activated any supplementary option in bios , it will enable VT only .

Thanks a lot for the guide and the links provided... :)
It vorked for me too, and I have an Esprimo Mobile V5505 with a T7300 Core2 Duo CPU and the last version of bios A1D, but also modded to support SLIC2.1... :twisted:
For more information on what SLIC is, and the Windows7 and Windows Vista activation techonologies, visit:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forumdisplay.php?f=16
There you can download my mod or ask for a new one.
And the Proof:
Once again thank you very much @horica78... :wink:

H@nsie
Product(s): LAPTOP

Postby H@nsie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:37

pecko88 wrote:
horica78 wrote:I have an Esprimo Mobile V5505 with a T7300 Core2 Duo CPU and the last version of bios available for download A1D .
I found a great article http://www.linuxformat.gr/?q=content/how-unlock-and-enable-hardware-accelerated-virtualization-technology-vt-sony-vaio-laptop-and which helped me to enable VT on my laptop .
Following the steps described in the article i found that de resource who activates VT in bios is 0x27c .
2) Boot from flash and execute symcmos -L which will output file literal.txt on your flash
5) Power off your laptop
With this solution it won't be activated any supplementary option in bios , it will enable VT only .

It vorked for me too, and I have an Esprimo Mobile V5505 with a T7300 Core2 Duo CPU and the last version of bios A1D, but also modded to support SLIC2.1... :twisted:
For more information on what SLIC is, and the Windows7 and Windows Vista activation techonologies, visit:
And the Proof:

Hello Pecko,

I contacted you via PM because I am _VERY_ interested in enabling VT in my Esprimo 5505 with A1D to use virtualisation.
Unfortunatelly the link in the post doesnt seem to work anymore so I was hoping you would share your BIOS file.
I couldnt find your BIOS file on MDL either.... please help :)

Thanks!

Grtz,
Hans

pecko88
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile v5505

Postby pecko88 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 15:45

H@nsie wrote:
pecko88 wrote:
5) Power off your laptop

And the Proof:

Hello Pecko,

I contacted you via PM because I am _VERY_ interested in enabling VT in my Esprimo 5505 with A1D to use virtualisation.
Unfortunatelly the link in the post doesnt seem to work anymore so I was hoping you would share your BIOS file.
I couldnt find your BIOS file on MDL either.... please help :)

Thanks!

Grtz,
Hans

Excuse me for the late reply, but here you have the original, the modded bios that only suporrts SLIC2.1 , the manual guide for unlocking VT in the FIRST_Read_me.txt document and four Phoenix BIOS procedures...:)
Here is the link:
http://www.box.com/s/d8c394f4c722c66a1322

horica78
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5505

Postby horica78 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41

echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all anti ping o death?

horica78

Postby horica78 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:42

echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all anti ping of death?

horica78

Postby horica78 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:08

The rules are :
1)Once not announced will never be announced.
2)These type of "practices" can't be imposed as a law or as a rule by a state or by a church.
3)Anyone that tries to impose or manages to impose these type of "practices" is declared as Satan.
4)These type of practices can't be imposed in the past , in the present or in the future.
5)It doesn't matter who says openly that he doesn't agree with these type of "practices" he will never be harmed.

horica78

Postby horica78 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:08

The rules are :
2)These type of "practices" can't be imposed as a law or as a rule by a state or by a church.
3)Anyone that tries to impose or manages to impose these type of "practices" is declared as Satan.
4)These type of practices can't be imposed in the past , in the present or in the future.
5)It doesn't matter who says openly that he doesn't agree with these type of "practices" he will never be harmed.

horica78

Postby horica78 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:09

The rules are :

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”