[v5505] Wrong BIOS

Moderator: ModTeam

pecko88
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile v5505

[v5505] Wrong BIOS

Postby pecko88 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 14:36

I have flashed the wrong version of BIOS and now my mobo is dead.
The BIOS that is intended for V5505 is C45A0Z, but I used wrong, I know that now.
So my question is, is there any recovery procedure for Phoenix bioses ?

amater
Product(s): Lifebook E8020, Lifebook S7110, Amilo D7830, Amilo Pro V2030, Pocket LOOX N560, Scenic L, Scenic XS, Celsius M460

Re: [Esprimo v5505] Wrong BIOS

Postby amater » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:14

Yes it its. It's called Authorised Service Center. Take it there and they will fix it for you.

Oh, an a little tip... don't mention that you've flashed the wrong BIOS on it. Just tell them that it won't turn on. For sure your system is still in warranty so this will be by far the easiest thing for you to do.
Share your knowledge...

pecko88

Postby pecko88 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:05

amater, I was thinking to do the same, and yes my waranty is still valid.
But I was afraid that they will find out that I have flashed with the wrong BIOS, and the waranty will fail.
So is there way for them to find out, that I flashed the wrong BIOS ?
Thanks for your answer.

amater
Product(s): Lifebook E8020, Lifebook S7110, Amilo D7830, Amilo Pro V2030, Pocket LOOX N560, Scenic L, Scenic XS, Celsius M460

Postby amater » Fri Apr 04, 2008 21:51

I assume that the notebook doesn't turn on at all. So this means that the service center will just exchange the motherboard and that's that.

Even if they would somehow be able to prove to you that you flashed the wrong bios, you can still argue the fact that the bios upgrade didn't had a "safety check" built in that would check if you're flashing the right version on the right system. And since you're not an experienced user, it's an honest mistake that anyone can make.

I'm 99% certain that you will just get the notebook repaired no questions asked. Do post back with the results.
Share your knowledge...

pecko88

Postby pecko88 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 23:22

I`ve maneged to recover the mobo my slef...:)
I used recovery disk with minidos and one simple bat file, if anyone is interested I will upload the recovery disk and instructions..
:)
Last edited by pecko88 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

amater

Postby amater » Tue Apr 08, 2008 13:15

By all means, please share it with us.
Share your knowledge...

pecko88

Postby pecko88 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 21:23

Here is the Archive with all the files needed and How to for Phoenix BIOS Recovery.

Metod 1.
http://rapidshare.com/files/105944512/P ... covery.rar

How To:

1. Use HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool with MiniDOS files to make your Bootable: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
2. Copy all the files from Rescue to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
3. Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
4. Remove the battery, unplug the computer from the power.
5. Hold down: Fn+B or WinKey+B and while holding plug the computer in to power (do not plug the battery) and pres the power button.
6. Now you should hear the flopy drive working, hold the keys for a while and then let go.
7. Leve the computer for at least 10 min. and if the computer does not restart it self turn the power down.
8. Plug the battery and the power sorce and if everything went OK the computer shold start normaly.
Note: This procedure is for Phoenix BIOS`es only and in some cases the USB Stick might not work.

Metod 2.
http://rapidshare.com/files/105952250/Metod_2.rar

How To:

1. Click on the Phoenix_Crisis_Recovery.exe to make: Flopy, USB Flopy.
2. Copy all the files from Rescue to your: Flopy, USB Flopy.
3. Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Flopy.
5. Hold down: Fn+B or WinKey+B and while holding plug the computer in to power (do not plug the battery) and pres the power button.
6. Now you should hear the flopy drive working, hold the keys for a while and then let go.
7. Leve the computer for at least 10 min. and if the computer does not restart it self turn the power down.
8. Plug the battery and the power sorce and if everything went OK the computer shold start normaly.
Note: This procedure is for Phoenix BIOS`es only and in some cases the USB Stick might not work.

Metod 3.
http://rapidshare.com/files/105952818/Metod_3.rar

How To:

1. Use HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool with MiniDOS files to make your Bootable: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
2. Copy all the files from Rescue to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.
3. Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Stick, USB Flopy.

Metod 4.
http://rapidshare.com/files/105953337/Metod_4.rar

How To:

1. Click on the Phoenix_Crisis_Recovery.exe to make: Flopy, USB Flopy.
2. Copy all the files from Rescue to your: Flopy, USB Flopy.
3. Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: Flopy, USB Flopy.

Use the metods in order form 1 to 4, unless you think otherwise...
Hope you never use this and if you ever have to GOOD LUCK.
:mrgreen:

jazzyb88
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5505 / C2D T7300 4MB / 2GB DDR2 / WD 250GB / Intel X3100 / Vista (Home Premium) w/SP1

Postby jazzyb88 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:28

Interestingly, i flashed my BIOS the other day using version A1A under Vista and the program crashed on two occasions half-way through! Naturally, I thought the computer was bricked but it managed to boot up, although it hanged on the first boot! :( Anyway, i downloaded the CD ISO and flashed it again just to be sure and that went without a hitch. All other BIOS releases worked fine under a Windows environment, i guess this one took exception...

Just thought i should warn anyone considering the upgrade under Windows.

pecko88

Postby pecko88 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 20:24

I recomend you that you allways flash under pure DOS, no meter if you load DOS from CD/DVD, Flopy, USB Flopy or USB Stick.
I have downloaded the A1A BIOS but have made a boot USB Stick and flashed from there.
I have allso requested for a mod on mydigitallife.info and got one with SLIC built in it, so now I have an original OEM computer, that when you install Vista on it, it is automaticly activated.
If you want the modded A1A BIOS I can upload it for you.
I have tested it my self and it works perfectly.
:)

jazzyb88
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5505 / C2D T7300 4MB / 2GB DDR2 / WD 250GB / Intel X3100 / Vista (Home Premium) w/SP1

Postby jazzyb88 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:24

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, but i can't understand how updating the BIOS should change the OEM status of the machine? A BIOS update can't be classed as a 'major hardware upgrade' therefore Vista should be impartial towards it. Also, if i already have Vista installed then upgrading the BIOS doesn't affect my activation. Have you tried installing Vista with the normal A1A on at all?

MPaulus FTS
Product(s): PRIMERGY 4-way

Postby MPaulus FTS » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:46

Hi all,
we as FSC definitely recommend not to use a BIOS which is not tested and released from us or one which has been modded from anyone!
If there are any failure or defects resulting from this update we cannot offer a warranty repair to you.
Greetings,
Michael

pecko88

Postby pecko88 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 16:23

I do not want to be rood, but I`m very well informed of the risks I`m thaking while using modded BIOS, but if you check out the success rate of succesiful mod and the advanteges it gives, i think I will take the mod. :)

So everyone who is interested at why mod, and should I use one, here is the link for bassic info.
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=283
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=819

Here is a list of succesiful mods, and who has tested them.
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=1816
:mrgreen:

And if look carifuly at why this thread is started, was that I got my mobo bricked :(

MPaulus FTS
Product(s): PRIMERGY 4-way

Postby MPaulus FTS » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:11

I truly can understand why you did try to recovery your BIOS. Sending the notebook to a Authorized Service Centre is the official way, but for most customer even one, which they just do not want to choose.

But I am sure you can understand why we have to write such disclaimers as I did.

And as it can be read in the MyDigialLife-Forum-Link you posted:
MyDigitalLife-Forum wrote:SUPPORT ORIGINAL SOFTWARE, BUY A VALID LICENCE OF VISTA

pecko88

Postby pecko88 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:58

I think that you are totaly wright, but the internet is leaving everybody to decide how to use the knoledge that is provided.
And one more think, modding BIOSes is for education purposes only, and the modders on mydigitallife are using the exact same tools and techniques that OEMs use, while modding deferent BIOSes. I my self have some knoledege of BIOS mod, but as it was shown not enougt becoue I end up with bricked mobo. And about the question of FSC support and service, try searching a bit for the expirience some FSC users had. I wont say what kind of expirience they had, will live for you to decide. :)

pecko88

Postby pecko88 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 16:14

I`ve seen that the recovery disks have been downloaded 7 times.
Plese report back your expirience. :?:

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”