[Esprimo Mobile] V5545 BATTERY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE

Moderator: ModTeam

dammer

[Esprimo Mobile] V5545 BATTERY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE

Postby dammer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 22:32

Hi
After recovery my windows vista and install all drivers I see that in the power management i cannot find the FUJITSU-SIEMENS configurations, although the windows management configurations are already in use.
Where can i download these management configurations?

Thanks

shandy

what FSC battery software do you mean?

Postby shandy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:44

have an Amilo pro V3545 with Vista & never had anything like that...anyway - is your battery life shorter than before? Most of the hardware if proper drivers installed have an energy saving capability and turn off/inhibit the hardware's energy consumption if not being used (wireless, bluetooth, sound etc) so the only thing that stays is to check the powersaving mode when on batteries). I personally got rid off Vista (3 hours of battery life) & installed XP instead (3,5 - 3,75 hrs of battery life). If you want to save some energy and have a much more responsive OS, just get rid off the Vista resource hog...

dammer

Postby dammer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 13:21

Thanks Shandy.

However, my question was that, when I bought my notebook, there were in the management properties two different fujitsu-siemens configurations, which were also different from those of windows vista settings. When I had formated my computer and installed again my vista, these properties weren't present, and the cd drivers didn't contained the management software that contained the settings. In this way, I can only see those configurations from windows vista.

shandy

I understand

Postby shandy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 21:17

I know that I can't be that helpful as I haven't seen any of those apps your talking about. Though my point is what exactly would it let you set up, cauz I'm pretty sure it just offers what you can achieve by checking the low power consumption state of your lappy, incl. your graphic card. What graphic card do you have on your laptop - an ATI, NVIDIA, or integrate Intel's or VIA...? The point is that there are not that many things you can do with the machine besides the ones I just described in order to save energy (plus undervolting your CPU, but then again, if you've got Core 2 Duo you can't do that either...). I'm not gonna give those apps but don't worry, we'll work it out somehow :)

ricsdix
Product(s): HDD

Re: [Esprimo Mobile] V5545 BATTERY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE

Postby ricsdix » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:07

When you formated your computer and installed again your vista, those properties weren't present, and the cd drivers didn't contained the management software that contained the settings. But in that way you can only see those configurations from windows vista? How is it??

pecko88
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile v5505

Re: what FSC battery software do you mean?

Postby pecko88 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 0:45

shandy wrote:have an Amilo pro V3545 with Vista & never had anything like that...anyway - is your battery life shorter than before? Most of the hardware if proper drivers installed have an energy saving capability and turn off/inhibit the hardware's energy consumption if not being used (wireless, bluetooth, sound etc) so the only thing that stays is to check the powersaving mode when on batteries). I personally got rid off Vista (3 hours of battery life) & installed XP instead (3,5 - 3,75 hrs of battery life). If you want to save some energy and have a much more responsive OS, just get rid off the Vista resource hog...

Discusing XP vs Vista isn't wise, it leads nowhere couse it is a metter of a taste.
And I can assure you that Vista has much better power management if set properly.
BTW. Do you remember the days when XP was initaly released ?
It was full of bugs and BSOD's and nobody liked it compared to earlyer OS's.
But it had several years to evolve to SP3 and so many other hotfixes to become what it is today.
So live this kind of topics aside... :mrgreen:

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”