Amilo Pro V2010 issues

Moderator: ModTeam

pro2010
Product(s): Laptop Amilo Pro V2010

Amilo Pro V2010 issues

Postby pro2010 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 20:14

I have Amilo Pro V2010 for a long period of time. It did work very good, it was very stable and reliable.

But recently, few issues appeared.

First issue:
Left speaker not working. On headphones - everything is okay, the problem is related to speaker only. It may be problem with some mechanism which is turning off speakers when headphones are physically connected but I cannot be sure.

Second issue:
Network card does not work. I tried cleaning, very carefully, there was some dust. It did not help. I put PCMCIA network card and - have network again. Not a perfect solution, it is more a workaround, but it works.

Third issue:
Problem - one key on keyboard - arrow down key.

It cannot be used (pressing the arrow down is not producing any result), and after some period of time, after the laptop is started - sometimes immediately - it is behaving like - the arrow down is pressed all the time (for example in Windows Explorer, current object is moving down, in Internet Explorer content of the windows is scrolling down - when arrow up is pressed it stops, but starts again after 10 seconds, a minute, sometimes more time). So it is not usable - pressing the key has no result, but it behaves like it is already pressed (circuit is closed).

I tried to clean the keyboard with compressed air duster, I removed the keyboard from laptop, carefully used compressed air to clean the space between keys (I did not remove keys - I tried to clean it just removing dust from space between keys, and inside the laptop - below metal protection).

Somehow, it helped a bit, for very short period of time, I was even able to press the arrow down few times with normal response for the key, but after that - everything was as it was - problem appeared again. I cannot be sure if compressed air duster helped just because it lowered the temperature inside the laptop and / or at the keyboard.

I did not cut keyboard ribbon connector what some users sometimes do (cut one or two millimeters of ribbon) to try to solve similar problem.

Then I removed all 4 cursor arrows keys, also those black plastic parts and rubbers, and clean the space between plastic film (there are more film layers, I cleaned all) carefully.

It did not help.

Now, I have to ask if somebody may provide answers - did anybody have the same or similar issue?

Questions for Fujitsu - please, is there a possibility to provide details.

1. What may be the issue with left speaker? Or, maybe, more possible issues? How to remedy?

2. Is there a possibility to check what happened to internal network card? How to resolve the problem, if possible?

3. Where is the origin of the keyboard problem (I tried to explain all details what happened in number of details). Would be good if there would be some schematic picture of the keyboard film layers, so it would be possible to see where down arrow key has problem.

Thank you.

lolsa
Product(s): Amilro Pro V8010
Lifebook C1020

Re: Amilo Pro V2010 issues

Postby lolsa » Fri Jun 22, 2012 22:03

Hello!

The left speaker may be ''blowned'' because u played to high music. Easiest way to check this is obvious to open the computer and mesure the resistans of the speaker.
You can also try to smell it. It should smell really bad if its broken so thats the first thing u should try.
Drivers can also be a problem. Try reinstalling the audio driver.

Network, u havnt turned it off with the Fn key? Or does it have a special button for turning it of/on?
Driver can also ba a problem here. Try reinstalling it.
Its very rare that its damaged so dont worry about the dust.

Keyboard problem, hmmm. Since it kinda works its no problem with the connention.
Aparently when u press it down it doesnt shortcut but sometimes it does that by it self. I would say that the key or rubber isnt fit right. Try to take of the key and press with your finger on the rubber thingy. I would say the rubber thing isnt exacly in the middle. Ive had this problem on many keyboards and it was just bad fitting.

Best of luck with the laptop, i know u will make it work! Just be patience!

pro2010

Postby pro2010 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:39

Thanks for reply.

Related to speakers - I installed new OS (Ubuntu) and problem is still existing - so drivers are not the problem. Most probably there is a problem with speaker itself, but there is some small possibility that the electric or mechanical "mechanism" which turns off speakers when headphones jack is inside the laptop may have relations to the issue. Headphones are working properly, without issue. Yes, I have to open laptop and check the circuit for the speaker, that would be a bit tricky, at the moment I do not know exact cable pair for the left speaker (and speakers are installed at the laptop monitor).

About network - I do not know for any Fn, function + any other key combination on the laptop that can disable / enable network. In fact I do not know if any combination on keyboard can do that. It simply looks that network interface is not working. As I already wrote - now I am using PCMCIA card with network interface. So, this is not big problem at the moment. I am just interested if anybody had similar issue and - how it was resolved.

And - the keyboard. I tried more times to check what you said - to remove the key, to try to press one film to other film which is below the first one, carefully. I did it more than 10 times - I have to say that most of the time I removed more keys (including all arrow keys) to be able to open that space between films and clean it with dry fabric (antistatic). I especially checked the rubber which is at the center, and it would be really strange that all other removed keys are working all the time, and only one, down arrow, would not work at all - because I removed the rubber from it's position for all keys removed, every time. I even tried to exchange those small rubber parts, which are the same for most of the keys on keyboard, just to be sure that there is not a problem with it. The only possibility now is to be sure about two details - seems that inside temperature has some impact to the keyboard issue, I cannot be sure about it, but I cannot exclude it (especially because of the fact that those few seconds when keyboard down arrow worked are just when I used full compressed air duster against the dust inside the laptop and the keyboard, which significantly lowered the temperature). Also, it would be very, very helpful to have film schema for both film plastic layers below keyboard keys. That would show where possible problem may be.

lolsa
Lifebook C1020

Postby lolsa » Sat Jun 23, 2012 16:11

Well, then its 99% that u have blowned it. It is very rare that its actually problem with the electronics. Only way now is to open the computer and check if its damaged.
Problem with the detection of speaker/headphone is working beacuse it detects the thing u plug in to the 3,5.
The jack is build up like this :
+ for left, + for right and -/ground for sound.
The detection is just another plate that touches probably -/ground and when u connect something it lifts up losing connection and the computer registers that something has been plugged to it. It hasnt got mechanism for both left and right like everyting had back in the good days.
Like i said, mesure the resistans of the speaker. Probably the only way to find out.

You sure it hasnt got a on/off button somewhere? Maybe its a switch on the side of the computer and not on the keyboard?
By the way, does the laptop has an indikator LED that shows when its on/off? On My Pro V8010 it has a blue LED that shows when wireless is on or off.
Have u checked BIOS? Sometimes it can live its own life and turns things off. I would recommend that u reset it with the reset thing in BIOS. But remember how things were set up! What was on/off etc.
I guess that its a wireless network card? Have u check if it works with a cable? Dont know if cable and wireless is the same card but u can always try.

Keyboard problem i havnt got any more suggestions. Its either bad connection at the key or at the cable that fits inside the computer but that only gets damaged when u remove it.
If its the wires inside the plastic films then ur screwd. It is impossible to solve that.

The V2010 is very easy to get parts to secondhanded so i would either say buy another one or buy parts! Its very cheap couse its alot of them around in the world. Look at Ebay, they have lots of items for you!

pro2010

Postby pro2010 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 20:23

Thanks again for reply.

Speaker: I am planning to open laptop (already opened it to check keyboard, but this time I will have to do that completely), and first, I will have to find some schema for contacts, to be sure what I am doing.

Network card: There is a key, separate key for wireless above the keyboard, but I am talking about network interface- ethernet one. I am using ethernet over PCMCIA - so it is not a big problem anymore.

Keyboard: I already used conductive ink to repair keyboard films, but in this case I do not have exact schema of the keyboard film layers.

So - at the moment I am trying to find service manual for Amilo Pro V2010.

Have to say that simply, like lot of users, I do not like very much when something is not working. :D

Have other two, newer laptops, faster, with much more capacity, but somehow I like the Amilo Pro 2010.

lolsa
Lifebook C1020

Postby lolsa » Sat Jun 23, 2012 22:21

Well, thats all i got to say. I havnt got more suggestions but i really hope u will make it work.
As i said before, use Ebay or some other auction site to find parts.

The service manual u can ask Fujitsu about. I think they can send one to you by mail if there not to greedy...

Cheers from Sweden!

Return to “AMILO Pro”