Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V3515 - Freezing Problem.

Moderator: ModTeam

insaf_mohd
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V 3515

Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V3515 - Freezing Problem.

Postby insaf_mohd » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09

Hello All,

I have this Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V3515 notebook with a problem that annoys me head to toe.

This notebook often freezes suddenly in the middle of watching a video ( a HD or blue ray rip movie something..) where system has zero response i.e no keys are active, no caps lock/num lock response, no task manager nothing. The only choice left for me is to hold the power button to turn it off and return after a while. It became a continuous menace so I formatted the existing Windows XP pro and installed Windows 7 pro (because this model to my finding, is designed for Vista and compatible for 7, no XP stuff is listed in Fujitsu drivers and supports sheet. I thought XP or some mismatching drivers may cause the windows to freeze. ). Windows 7 is working just fine, all drivers are up to date (no manual driver install/all came by windows updates saying the latest available) but I can not still watch an HD video (6GB/8GB stuff) even after the RAM I upgraded to 2 GB from 512 MB!! I watched the performance monitor and it peaks up to 98/99/100% for CPU and 700/800/850 MB for RAM usage while watching the videos!

What is really going wrong? Is it the RAM issue or graphics card's? I have no problem browsing, you-tubing, applications usages but video playing does suck! Upon some deep down googling I found a couple of guys have similar issue (the Amilo Pro V3515 dead freezes in the middle of a 3D video game or HD video play) and none has a solution handy.

Any tips or ideas to help resolve the problem is highly appreciated.

Insaf

insaf_mohd

Re: Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V3515 - Freezing Problem.

Postby insaf_mohd » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46

Folks, if OS is an issue; is Windows Vista business SP2 a solution to try for this Amilo Pro V3515 series Chipset VIA VN896? Or Shall I return back to Windows XP pro SP3 for another trial and error?

Some valuable comments would help me make my mind! I am running on Windows 7 pro SP1 right now..

Insaf

insaf_mohd

Postby insaf_mohd » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:51

Hello, please nobody there?

qwerty
Product(s): Lifebook S7110, Scaleoview W19-1

Postby qwerty » Tue Oct 29, 2013 0:35

I have my wife`s notebook:
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515 + Core2Duo T5600 + 2GB DDR2 667Mhz + HDD WD@160GB

And, got dammit, i have same problem, indeed. It`s make me cry - she cant watch Youtube or smth else, like that. Couse after 5 min - it going freeeeeeze.
Any suggestions?

Return to “AMILO Pro”