Amilo PRO V8010D formating

Moderator: ModTeam

abbabb
Product(s): amilo pro V8010D

Amilo PRO V8010D formating

Postby abbabb » Fri Jan 07, 2011 17:01

Hi all,im new here so hi to everyone,
Ive just bought a second hand amilo pro v8010D, now after just a week it has gone wrong :(
ive tried getting money back but no good etc etc,
well im trying to re-format but it gets to the bit about formating and it says no active hard drives,
now there is a hard drive and the hard drive is not damaged as i have checked it etc etc
ive had the hard drive out and the power pins dont seem to be on the hard drive so they must be attached to the board,
(please correct me if im wrong) ?
It came with no disks, recovery or whatever, there is no hidden partition,so im using a windows xp disk i have for my sons pc,but im using the windows product code from the amilo pro,
can anyone point me in the right direction or offer me some advice on this matter please,thank you,
Abb

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Amilo PRO V8010D formating

Postby sabrex » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:44

Supplied with 60 GB SATA, 5.400 rpm (Fujitsu MHT2060BH)

Your using windows xp disk. so it will need sata drivers to see hard disk.....This is why it finds no attached hard disks ....your machine was supplied with Windows XP Professional Sp2 so it could be that your not using XP sp2 or sp3 release ?

abbabb
Product(s): amilo pro V8010D

Re: Amilo PRO V8010D formating

Postby abbabb » Tue Jan 11, 2011 15:58

Hi, Thank you for the reply,
The h/d has been changed to a 120gb hitachi disk drive,and the sticker on the back i.e windows product number relates to a windows xp home operating system,
i followed your advice for the sata driver, after many hours of searching i have found the sata driver for the above hard drive (what a nightmare) but had to slipstream the sata driver with a copy of windows xp as i could not instal the driver any other way as i had no floppy drive & it would not work on a usb stick,but i now have a second hand laptop that is running very nicely -:)
so i will thank you again for your advice.......
Abb

Return to “AMILO Pro”