Troubles with enter into BIOS !

Moderator: ModTeam

ramaflore
Product(s): Amilo Pro v3505

Troubles with enter into BIOS !

Postby ramaflore » Thu Nov 25, 2010 16:23

Hi,

One week ago, I can access to my bios setup on my Amilo Pro V3505

I run 'Repair Computer' and say the white bar (system files load or repair) and then, a black screen with Microsoft Vista at the bottom of the screen, and then, nothing more. After a few minutes, I couldn't shut down whith the appropiate button, so I decided to force by unplugging.
I tried 2 times more, and I noticed that I can enter anymore to my Bios setup. I think this is the real reason but I can't omitted that I had others troubles with my Vista accounts.

From now after rebooting, I pressed F2, the default key for the BIOS. Nothing happens. No bios, it just boots. So I tried several other keys.

Whilst pressing F4, I found that the laptop stated "Entering Setup..."
Great! Well, not so great, actually, because it states that it enters the setup, but doesnt. It just boots.

I tried also by removing both Ram sticks and one by one.

How can I solve this troubles ? I hear that remove CMOS battery can solve this trouble, is that true ? Also, someone tell me to use the freeware WipeCmos.

Anyway, I can boot up with a CD boot neither USB stick.

How can I solve this trouble to enter into my BIOS ?

Thanks in advance, please give me a reply.

ramaflore
Product(s): Amilo Pro v3505

Re: Troubles with enter into BIOS !

Postby ramaflore » Sat Nov 27, 2010 20:46

Still waiting for an answer, thanks

FF2
Product(s): AMILO Pi1505

Re: Troubles with enter into BIOS !

Postby FF2 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:30

The solution for me was to attach an external USB keyboard, whose F2 just worked fine. The problem must lie with the BIOS which obviously in some of its later revision has a wrong mapping defined for the internal keyboard.

Return to “AMILO Pro”