(Amilo pro v3515) black screen due to LAN card?

Moderator: ModTeam

gmram
Product(s): amilo pro v3515 notebook

(Amilo pro v3515) black screen due to LAN card?

Postby gmram » Fri Jun 25, 2010 18:57

hi, I have an amilo pro v3515 that gives black screen when turned on, I guess this is a common problem that many owners have experienced. but in my case I think it's a little different, the laptop started this thing on its own, I was working with it one day when suddenly it hung & on restart it gives black screen with the fans & hard desk working, & the power & WiFi lights are on.
but after many trials, my friend just shook the whole laptop & then it worked fine again. :D
but after a little while it all happened again, & that black screen thing happened again just like it did the first time.
so I opened it up & checked the RAM & changed them, they were not the problem, I looked around again & found that the problem was because of two power lines that are attached to the LAN card, when they move (even while they're still attached to the LAN card) that error happens all over again, with the black screen & everything.
I tried to ducktape these lines into not moving :), but still it doesn't work completely...
( I think also when the back cover of the laptop is placed & the laptop is sitting in its normal position, the weight of the laptop presses on the cover & thus pressing on those 2 wires into moving. which causes the whole error all over again> )
so what are those 2 lines that are attached to the LAN card? where do they come from? ( & what's important is: where can I find a manual to dissemble the laptop??? ) does this mean I should replace the LAN card or the 2 lines?

thanks alot for your time & your help.

kostyka
Product(s): AmiloPro V3515

Re: (Amilo pro v3515) black screen due to LAN card?

Postby kostyka » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:08

I have same V3515 amilo pro and same think happened to me. After some time the notebook was stopping to start normally. I checked the memory, and the imperfect contacts, but something else I think is! I think is the BIOS. Another possibility is the north bridge chip-set for the motherboard, what made the video signal. I know three notebook with same defect in my city, Irun - Spain, and nobody fix it this defect. If you know more about this defect, please post it here.

rickio01
Product(s): Amilo Li1705

Re: (Amilo pro v3515) black screen due to LAN card?

Postby rickio01 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 14:52

gmram wrote:hi, I have an amilo pro v3515 that gives black screen when turned on, I guess this is a common problem that many owners have experienced. but in my case I think it's a little different, the laptop started this thing on its own, I was working with it one day when suddenly it hung & on restart it gives black screen with the fans & hard desk working, & the power & WiFi lights are on.
but after many trials, my friend just shook the whole laptop & then it worked fine again. :D
but after a little while it all happened again, & that black screen thing happened again just like it did the first time.
so I opened it up & checked the RAM & changed them, they were not the problem, I looked around again & found that the problem was because of two power lines that are attached to the LAN card, when they move (even while they're still attached to the LAN card) that error happens all over again, with the black screen & everything.
I tried to ducktape these lines into not moving :), but still it doesn't work completely...
( I think also when the back cover of the laptop is placed & the laptop is sitting in its normal position, the weight of the laptop presses on the cover & thus pressing on those 2 wires into moving. which causes the whole error all over again> )
so what are those 2 lines that are attached to the LAN card? where do they come from? ( & what's important is: where can I find a manual to dissemble the laptop??? ) does this mean I should replace the LAN card or the 2 lines?

thanks alot for your time & your help.

Hello, i have exactly the same problem with my Amilo Li 1705, shaking it and banging it seemed to work for a while and now when i press the power button, the screen will stay blank with the WiFi light constantly on and nothing loads. I know this was a subject bought up last year, but i was wondering if you managed to resolve this issue?

Thanks, Rick

Return to “AMILO Pro”