Product(s): Amilo Pro V2030D

Re-Installing XP (V2030D)

Postby grahambo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 19:51

Hi Guys

I have wiped my system (V2030D)
I have also lost the recovery CD

I have additional OEM windows XP CD's
However
when I install windows using one of these CD's it will not accept the Product Key on the back of the computer.

Why is this?
I am using a Windows XP Pro SP2 disk. do I Need to use a different disk or something? (Home SP1, Pro, Pro SP2 etc?)

Cheers
G.

smb
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V2030

Re: Re-Installing XP (V2030D)

Postby smb » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:54

Hi All,

I've got a similar problem:

My FS Amilo pro V2030 had a problem with WinXP causing it to reboot all the time. I removed the partitions on the HDD (to prepare for a dual boot with Ubuntu) and am now trying to install Win XP using the first of a set of five WinXP product recovery CD's. Thats when I found out that none of these CDs seem to be bootable.
I've tried pressing f12 on startup and selecting to boot from CD/DVD. However I always end up with a message that says "Operating system not found".

When I try installing an OS from an Ubuntu release, the system boots up, checks hard drives etc and I get as far as the partitioning section before I cancel the operation. (I'd like to install WinXP first).

I'm pretty sure theres another CD required to kick start the installation process for WinXP, please let me know if this is so and if possible, a link where I can download whats necessary would be great.

Thanks!!
SMB

musketeer
Product(s): Amilo Pro laptop

Postby musketeer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 15:43

grahambo wrote:I have wiped my system (V2030D)
I have additional OEM windows XP CD's
However when I install windows using one of these CD's it will not accept the Product Key on the back of the computer.
Why is this?
I am using a Windows XP Pro SP2 disk. do I Need to use a different disk or something? (Home SP1, Pro, Pro SP2 etc?)

Can anyone help here?
I have a new Windows XP SP2 install pack, but I don't want to wipe my current installation until I know this will work.
Thanks.

amater
Product(s): Lifebook E8020, Lifebook S7110, Amilo D7830, Amilo Pro V2030, Pocket LOOX N560, Scenic L, Scenic XS, Celsius M460

Postby amater » Wed Sep 30, 2009 13:34

@grahmbo
It's possible that the key is not accepted becouse you have the install cd that's from a different "channel" (retail, oem, volume...). And the key that's on your MS license sticker only applies to the OEM or Volume channel (I allways forget which one it is). Best thing to do is to get a copy of the original install cd (try the local helpdesk, they might be able to help you).

@SMB
The set of five cd's is not the XP install cd, but is the MUI pack (Multilingual User Interface pack). You still need the XP installation cd, then once installed you can use the MUI pack to localize your English XP to your language.

@musketeer
If you have a original MS XP install pack (install CD & license with the key) then you can install it without problems.
Share your knowledge...

Return to “AMILO Pro”