[V2055] Motherboard replacement

Moderator: ModTeam

bilstongk
Product(s): FS Amilo Pro V2055

[V2055] Motherboard replacement

Postby bilstongk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 19:30

The charger slot on my Amilo Pro v2055 laptop had become loose and thus not able to charge the battery. I took it to a laptop repair shop and was told that it was a right off because I'd have to get the whole motherboard changed due to the charging component being bent too far back.

I wanted to know whether it is worth my time trying to pursue and fit a replacement motherboard and or if it will be more hassle than its worth? Or if there is another way around this? I don't want to have to replace my beloved laptop!

Thanks in advance.

bannefrancis
Product(s): Amilo Pro

Re: [V2055] Motherboard replacement

Postby bannefrancis » Wed Oct 15, 2008 15:00

Hi there,

I have recently had the same problem, my screen on the laptop started flickering and I was told it could be the connection within. I have recently had it back from the shop and advised the motherboard is faulty and have to have it replaced. It's only 13 months old. I have tried to take it back to the orginal store where I bought it from (comet) and they will not do anything due to 4 weeks out of warrenty. I can prove the model is faulty with a written product test from the computer place who looked at it, but this apparently isn't valid to prove the fault, unless I pay another £90 for one of their engineers to look at.

Apparently Fujitsu had a problem with 2007 models with their motherboard being faulty, causing the laptops to over heat and screens start to flicker.

I'm not sure what to do now, 13 months is not a long time for a laptop to go faulty!!!!

Any advise would be great for us........

Return to “AMILO Pro”