[Amilo Pro] V2045 touch pad problem

Moderator: ModTeam

gokkor

[Amilo Pro] V2045 touch pad problem

Postby gokkor » Tue May 30, 2006 21:28

Hi,
my touch pad is all jumpy. When i try to move the cursor, it jumps to different places from time to time. Usually when i work with touchpad more than 20 seconds, cursor starts to jump ramdomly once in a while. It's really a big problem, when you're dragging a file for instance, it drops the file to unrelated places etc. When i use a regular USB mouse etc. it works fine.

BTW, i'm not a novice user, i've been using laptops and touchpads more than 10 years. I'm a compıter programmer, i've loaded the latest drivers, even an OEM one from Synaptic's web site, and i've upgraded my BIOS to the latest one.

So, what shoul i do ? If i send my laptop to service center, i know they will keep it for a month for this simple problem. Can i order a new touch pad and replace it by myself ? I mean, i can do it but will it invalidate my warranty ?
Go Out! Life is there waiting for you, not here in front of a screen :)

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Fri Jul 07, 2006 15:13

Hi, this might be a bit late. I was told it could be static, trying earthing yourself.

gokkor

Postby gokkor » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:55

Nope, it's definitely not a static charge problem. It happens even when i'm working with static bracelet (some kind of bracelet that is connected to earth, useful when working with sensitive chips etc.). I have two guesses, 1. the wireless module is located to near to tocuhpad and causing problems, 2. touchpad is simply broken.

I'll change my touchpad when i can create enough time to do it.

mauklem

Postby mauklem » Tue Feb 20, 2007 15:26

Hi I wondered if you had managed to sort out the problem with the touchpad and I have not had my laptop long, mine is acting the same every now and then
Fijitsu do not really want to know as they say it sounds like a software problem which is not covered by the warranty
Maureen

gokkor

Postby gokkor » Tue Feb 20, 2007 22:40

Nope, it's still the same. And i can assure you that it has nothing to do with software since i've tried not only different drivers, but also different operating systems. It was jumpy when i bought my laptop with XP home installed, i's jumpy with XP pro (HDD formatted, then installed, not over an ex-XP home installation), and it's also jumpy with at least three entirely different linux distributions (2 cd loaded and one is installed as a second OS in my laptop).

As far as i'm concerned, i can accept this situation, since any hardware may fail. But to have to wait for weeks just for a touchpad change operation ????
Ohhh, fotget it. I'm soooo gonna take care of myself.

My advice to you guys, touchpads are cheap, go get yourself one and replace it yourself. And just the hell with the warranty, it's good for nothing anyway.

mauklem

Postby mauklem » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:06

Thanks for the info,I have been on to the place I purchased it form they have said they would give me a refund if I could get a ref number from fujitsu.When I asked them the operator was like an automated machine and he could not give me a number as it is not a hardware fault.I did go on an on and at the finish he gave me a number (But he could have made it up)I will find out today when I take it back.Then I will have o look for another laptop but this as totally put me off.Any one reading this who can recomend another make I would appreciate it.
Maureen :lol:

Return to “AMILO Pro”