Scaleo 600 Question

AMILO Desktop, SCALEO, SCALEO Homeserver, SCENIC, etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

warmbells
Product(s): Scaleo 600

Scaleo 600 Question

Postby warmbells » Mon Feb 04, 2013 13:11

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to post. I have just purchased a reconditioned Scaleo 600 on the label on the back it says Scaleo 600 GA-8ISXT-FS. I have a memory question.

Can anybody tell me what is the max memory I can put into this mobo running Windows XP home? The board is in a Fujitsu Scaleo 660, it has a Pentium P4 processor with 256Mb in slot A0 and 512Mb in slot A3. I have had conflicting reports on the amount of memory installable, from 2Gb max (512Mb in each slot) to 4Gb (1Gb in each slot). The figures were obtained from memory suppliers system checker software. The PC is only being used as a second device but I would like to have the maximum memory I can.

If this is not the right place please point me to where I should post this question.

Thanks

Gerald

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Scaleo 600 Question

Postby sabrex » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:08

Heres the manual - look under install memory modules (Total System Memory (Max2GB))
http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/Boards/Motherboards/GigaByte/ga-8isxt/Man_8isxt-fs_uk.pdf

warmbells
Product(s): Scaleo 600

Re: Scaleo 600 Question

Postby warmbells » Sun Feb 24, 2013 0:04

I thought you might find this interesting. A friends PC developed a faulty motherboard, which he replaced. As the board takes larger capacity memory modules he gave me his old 1Gb modules, (two of). I put them in slot 0 and slot 3 and got 2Gb, just of interest I put the 256Mb module in slot1 and the 512Mb module in slot 4. The system now tells me I have 2.75Gm of ram installed. The system is running a Pentium 4 2.60Ghz processor and Windows XP Home. So it looks like it can take more than 2Gb of memory.

Gerald

Return to “Older products”