XP REINSTALL DRIVER PROBLEMS

AMILO Desktop, SCALEO, SCALEO Homeserver, SCENIC, etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

Angst76
Product(s): Scaleo P PD 945 1 1,0G

XP REINSTALL DRIVER PROBLEMS

Postby Angst76 » Fri May 13, 2011 13:44

Hello and thank you in advance for any help!!!

My machine is a Scaleo P PD 945 1 1,0G (according to my serial number from the fujitsu site)

Where to start...briefly, I had to reinstall XP Media Centre (SP2) because of problems, and after some advice, chosen the repair option in the installation process. After it finished and rebooted i had the blue screen I got the message error number and after finding the fault/getting help/and failing to repair, I was advised to do a fresh install.

So i did, it all went fine, until...all my media/VGA/Video/Ethernet/etc devices have yellow question marks next to them, so cant access the net on that machine etc...
anyway, I was advised to go to the fujitsu site http://ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html and download all the drivers.
I did this (all of them available to XP) transferred them to the machine, put them in the system/driver folder (after unzipping) and updated the drivers on hardware device manager, and still nothing, none of them are recognised!!! still have all the yellow Qmarks. I tried uninstalling the devices and let it try and find the drivers again on reinstall, but still no luck.

I have tried pointing the driver update wizardy thing to the folder they are in and it still doesn't work,
any help sites I find point me to the same site/solution but its not working...

Have I done something wrong somewhere?
Thank you for your time
Scott

kjdean

Re: XP REINSTALL DRIVER PROBLEMS

Postby kjdean » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:53

I would do a clean install of XP. Make sure your internet is connected so you can automatically get all correct drivers.

Angst76

Postby Angst76 » Thu May 23, 2013 16:31

Hi - sorry i completely forgot about this post...until I decided to have a go at fixing the pc again, the problem is I have done a fresh install again but the separate driver disc is unusable and the drivers on the site are for the wrong machines, it actually states under the Sacleo P drivers that they are not tested for my series...so it begs the question where are they? Why put non Scaleo P drivers under Scaleo P drivers...is there a direct link someone could post.

Thank you and I will reply...now I have bookmarked it!!!

Angst76

Postby Angst76 » Thu May 23, 2013 16:36

Also....I cant access the internet on the machine until I find the correct Ethernet driver etc, even after fresh install as I need the driver disc/files.

kjdean

Postby kjdean » Fri May 24, 2013 5:26

Maybe try the Realtek site for LAN driver
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... loads=true

kjdean

Postby kjdean » Fri May 24, 2013 6:03

or maybe extract the driver from XP install disk

http://www.ehow.com/how_5779086_extract ... xp-cd.html

Angst76

Postby Angst76 » Sun May 26, 2013 14:19

Thank you for the reply, will try these out cheers.
will let you know how I get on

Return to “Older products”