Celsius W530/Xeon – Can't get any monitor signal

Moderator: ModTeam

Flerken
Product(s): Celsius W530/Xeon

Celsius W530/Xeon – Can't get any monitor signal

Postby Flerken » Thu Feb 15, 2024 21:01

I'm currently trying to get a used Celsius W530 (MI5W) with Xeon E3-1281v3 CPU and 32GB RAM up and running again, the main board is a Fujitsu G3227-A12 GS2. The machine was used at some office before and came without any hard drive. It has ports for DVI, DisplayPort and VGA and an Nvidia NVS 315 video card with DMS-59 port.

The machine immediately turns on without pressing power button as soon as the power plug is plugged into the socket. However, the monitor remains black, no power-on or BIOS message, the monitor seems to fall back to stand-by mode after a few seconds, although the workstation appears to be loading from the DVD (I tried to boot it from an Ubuntu-Linux installer) and the inserted empty hard drive is also being tried. The monitor does not seem to get any signal at all, although it does detect that it's a digital or analog connection. I have tried all video ports without success: VGA, DVI, DisplayPort-to-DVI, as well as graphics card DMS-59 with adapter to DVI. The same happens with another monitor via VGA.

What is the problem and what can I do to get this great machine up and running again?
Last edited by Flerken on Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:29, edited 1 time in total.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Celsius W530/Xeon – Can't get any video output

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Feb 21, 2024 14:16

Hello :)

Could you please provide us with the SystemScan via user.forum@fujitsu.com ?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Forum Support Team

Flerken
Product(s): Celsius W530/Xeon

Re: Celsius W530/Xeon – Can't get any video output

Postby Flerken » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:42

Thank you, we couldn't get anything on the screen, and there is no MS Windows installed, so we can't run the SystemScan utility.

However, the problem has been resolved by swapping the graphics card NVS-315 with some other one, so it appears to have been either a fault on the graphics card or with the monitor cable adapter (DMS-59-to-DVI). We couldn't make out any visible damage on the graphics card itself though.

The on-board graphics ports are non-functional here because this particular cpu model (Xeon E3-1281v3) happens to have no integrated graphics chip.

So, it looks like we're good to go for now!

Return to “CELSIUS Workstations”