Moderator: ModTeam

gbb
Product(s): Esprimo D9012

Esprimo D9012 BIOS recovery not working

Postby gbb » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:41

Model: Esprimo D9012
Serial: EIDT001784

Hi,

I had a power outage and believe the BIOS is corrupted. There is no display and a beep code of 2-4-7. On boot the power LED flashes twice 10 times as if it's waiting for an input after the initial 2 beeps.

I have the jumper in the recovery position. I extracted the BIOS admin pack to a USB drive (formatted FAT32) which also didn't work or let me progress further, but did give a different beep code of 2-3-2. I've tried both DP and T600 display outputs.

Many thanks.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Esprimo D9012 BIOS recovery not working

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:39

Hello and thank you for contacting us.

Please find the general procedure for the BIOS flash (EFIFlash) and make sure you are following all of the steps:
Preliminary notes:
1.)Systems based on Intel's "Alder Lake" platform do not require a bootable USB drive for a BIOS update from USB.
2.)You only need to copy the content of the AdminPack to any USB drive.
3.)The BIOS will recognize the file structure on the drive and offer to start the FUJITSU Update utility.
Important notes on USB creation:
There are two separate Support Information documents regarding the preparation of the USB bootable pendrive since there is no possibility to boot from USB flash drive in LEGACY MODE with Esprimo Xxxx8 or newer series.
Esprimo Xxxx8 support exclusively the UEFI mode, and the flash drive has to be created in UEFI mode.
Only UEFI compatible installation and boot media will be accepted:
IN BIOS: Under the ”Security” within UEFI Setup select:
Secure Boot Control: Enabled
Secure Boot Mode: Standard
FOR USB SETUP:
FAQ1:
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/indexdow ... 233702917#
FAQ2:
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/indexdow ... 233702917#
We suggest to use 3r party tool: RUFUS.is, to format the pendrive.
USB must be in GPT mode with ab “EFI” sub-folder with valid EFI boot files, to be downloaded from here:
D4022-A1x - BIOS Admin Pack: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... BBE79FB563
EFIFLash procedure:
1.)
Copy content of the ZIP to any USB drive. The files should be visible in following directories:
- EFI / FUJITSU / EfiFlash.efi
- flash update files (e.g. D1234-A1.UPD) in root directory of USB stick.
2.) Plug USB drive to any USB port on the target system.
Power on system and hit <F12> to open boot menu.
Choose "FUJITSU Update Utility".
EfiFlash.EFI initalizes flash update process automatically.
3.) Confirm update or decline it to choose another operation.
4.) The system will reboot and perform a capsule update.

Kind regards,

Forum Support Team

gbb
Product(s): Esprimo D9012

Postby gbb » Tue Aug 29, 2023 13:37

Hi thanks for your message.

I don't have a display output so I'm stuck. I reformatted the drive with Rufus and made sure the file structure is the same. I cleared CMOS by removing the battery and left the jumper on for a few minutes. The position of the BIOS recovery jumper doesn't seem to affect what happens below?

When I turn the PC on, I get 10 double flashes of the power LED before any POST beeps, like it's waiting for my input.

Then, if the USB drive was NOT inserted, it gives a code with 3 sections of short beeps: 2-4-7

If I boot WITH the USB drive inserted, I get 2 short beeps followed then a pause of around 20 seconds, then 3 short beeps followed by 2 short beeps (2-3-2). Either way the system will reboot after a short while and repeat the process. In your post Both FAQ links have the same URL.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:41

Hello :)

We are sorry to hear that provided solution did not help.

To provide you more details about the jumpers and other possible to apply actions, please attach the following documents to this PID, or send it directly to maciej.sroczynski@fujitsu.com
-Invoice or proof of ownership (Ebay documents are not sufficient)
-Your name, surname, address, email and contact phone number.
Further suggestions after providing the above details.

Thank You.

Kind regards,
Forum Support Team

Return to “ESPRIMO”