Esprimo d538 Second hard drive

Moderator: ModTeam

DaveHkent
Product(s): Esprimo D538/E85+

Esprimo d538 Second hard drive

Postby DaveHkent » Sun Sep 04, 2022 17:15

I have a Esprimo D538 and want to add a second hard drive. It has a HDD2 slot, but rather than being a standard mounting, it looks like I need some kind of slide rails. What I need doesn't seem to be documented in the manual or anywhere I can find.

Does anyone know what I need or where I can find a manual that has this sort of information?

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Esprimo d538 Second hard drive

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Sep 07, 2022 15:37

Hello :)

Yes, this model has the capability to house up to 3 HDDs, given that they are all 2.5", otherwise a 3.5" can be placed in the same bay instead of the x2 2.5".As for the bay, yes there is a specific part called HDD Bracket. We kindly recommend to reach a local Fujitsu Service Partner/retailer, or contact our sales department.
Reseller page: : https://www.fujitsu.com/fts/about/info- ... cator.html

Kind regards,
Forum Support team

DaveHkent
Product(s): Esprimo D538/E85+

Re: Esprimo d538 Second hard drive

Postby DaveHkent » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:38

I'd guessed as much as HDD bracket. This is a pretty generic name and a search shows a huge list of possible options. Is there a more specific name or a part number I can search for to buy online? There are not any Fujitsu re-sellers near where I live.

I would like to feed back that this sort of information should be included in your documentation. Adding a new hard disk is one of the simplest and most common upgrades you may want to perform and should be a 10 minute job. If Fujitsu are going to make computers with bespoke disk mounting, rather than standard sized screw slots then it would be really helpful if you could tell customers what these bespoke parts are. I've never had to do so much research of a trivial upgrade before and still draw blanks.

It has been rumbling on for a while now. I might end up making my own. But, it does make me cautious about buying Fujitsu again. Good computer, good price, so painful to do a "quick" upgrade on.

Return to “ESPRIMO”