esprimo Q920 wifi/bluetooth antena

Moderator: ModTeam

fvymazal
Product(s): Esprimo Q920

esprimo Q920 wifi/bluetooth antena

Postby fvymazal » Fri Jun 26, 2020 16:02

Hello, I have Esprimo Q920 originally delivered without wireless card. As additional upgrade I have purchased and installed combo wifi+bluetooth card Intel 7260 (the same as used originally). Succesfully installed and detected in windows. The issue is antenna: I cannot find cables to connect anténa to the card anywhere in the case. When i connect third party external anténa (not designed for the esprimo which cannot be fitted in the case, i have to switch on the computer with opened case), everything works fine. Without anténa connected there is no chance for bluetoothh/wifi connection. Is it possible to provide some hint for antenna connection for Intel 7260 card in esprimo Q920?

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: esprimo Q920 wifi/bluetooth antena

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 17:32

Hello,

The design of the Esprimo Q920, holds the antenna and its cabling within the casing, and such cabling is part of the antenna. Hence if the system was issued without it the WLAN module, the cabling is not included. If you want to use an external antenna, you could get extra cabling for it, however this is not recommended as it is not the intended and already tested design.
We would recommend though for them to use intended part, which can be obtained through a local Fujitsu retailer or Fujitsu Service Partner.

fvymazal

Postby fvymazal » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25

Hello,
meanwhile I was using wired LAN connection, but still I am interested in wifi/bluetooth. Of course I prefer "All in the box" solution without external modules/antenna as is original Fujitsu design. I do not know any Fujitsu retailer in our country which can provide such specific parts/information. But if the "magic" is that the antenna is in the case and there is necessary to have only some ecabling and know-how where to connect it, then it should not be that difficult. Intel 7260 I have connected and succesfully detected, some cabling for that card I also already have. Please can you provide some picture how it looks inside of the Q920 with Intel 7260 conected?

fvymazal

Postby fvymazal » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:19

Please can you provide any update to this? If it is only about cabling, then it should not be that big problem. Can you provide picture how/where the cabling from wifi+bluetooth card is connected?

fvymazal

Postby fvymazal » Sat Mar 20, 2021 16:38

Please can you provide any update to this? Wifi/bluetooth card I have succesfully made working, but wifi signal without properly conected antenna is problem. If it is only about cabling, then it should not be that big problem to solve. Can you provide picture how/where the cabling from wifi+bluetooth card is connected?

Return to “ESPRIMO”