Replacing CMOS Battery on Esprimo Q920 lunchbox PC

Moderator: ModTeam

cranhpc
Product(s): Esprimo Q920

Replacing CMOS Battery on Esprimo Q920 lunchbox PC

Postby cranhpc » Thu Jun 20, 2019 16:45

My Q920 appears to require replacement of the CMOS Lithium battery

The Documentation on the hardware that I have available (Mainboard Description D3223/D3233), shows that the battery is on the same side of the mainboard as the CPU

[img]/tmp/Screen-2019-06-20_16-34-13.jpg[/img]

It is easy to get at the other side of the mainboard but after you remove the DVD drive to access the CPU side of the mainboard, it is very unclear how to expose the latter as it is covered by continuous tinware.

Has anyone ever replaced the CMOS battery on an Esprimo "lunchbox" PC and if so how did you get to that side of the mainboard? Irritatingly, the manual above describes how to change a processor but does not say how you get to it in the first place. It must be feasible but without guidance I'm very reluctant to experiment!

Regards

Les

fuji_fr_23
Product(s): Esprimo Q920
D3236-S1

Re: Replacing CMOS Battery on Esprimo Q920 lunchbox PC

Postby fuji_fr_23 » Fri May 12, 2023 11:43

Changing the CMOS battery requires to unmount the motherboard: The underside of the Esprimo has of a metal frame, attached by 4 screws on the perimeter (3 of which are inside the black plastic cylinders). Dismounting that frame allows access to the motherboard, which can then be lifted out (tilt it a bit) and the battery accessed. - A bit cumbersome, but easier than it sounds.
Photos on my webpage http://pab-opto.de/pers/hwtests/esprimo/ .

Return to “ESPRIMO”