Recommended Branded memory

Moderator: ModTeam

Polonut
Product(s): Esprimo P5730

Recommended Branded memory

Postby Polonut » Mon Apr 08, 2019 15:15

This is my first post on this forum - apologies in advance if this has been addressed many times in the past.
I have a Esprimo P5730, which currently has 2x2Gb sticks of Samsung memory. I recently bought some extra memory, a further 2x2Gb (to the right type/spec). When this was fitted to the PC - instant rejection - beeps and would not boot - This was Kingston, same happened with Dell branded memory.
Is the Esprimo sensitive to this degree on what memory is fitted?
Thanks in advance for your help
Colin

achell
Product(s): celsius, lifebook

Re: Recommended Branded memory

Postby achell » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:53

The new bought RAM is this ddr2? They should use the same technology and should be same brand, if you trying to make it as 8gb you should buy two 4gb (4x2) since it's a dual channel. Base on your machine specification it uses Technology: DDR2 SDRAM, so I suggest to look for that.

Polonut
Product(s): Esprimo P5730

Re: Recommended Branded memory

Postby Polonut » Thu Apr 11, 2019 15:37

Thanks for your response achell - yes the ram bought was indeed DDR2 to the right spec.
My Esprimo has four ram slots. 2 slots are presently occupied - each having a 2Gb ram stick.

I was aiming for a modest increase to 8Gb total, IE 4x 2gb - this being cheaper than a 2x4Gb
approach. Is it wrong to use the available unoccupied 2 slots in this way? or have I got it completely wrong??
Please accept that I am a novice in these matters, and appreciate your comments. Look forward to further information
Thanks
C

Return to “ESPRIMO”