Meltdown / Spectre BIOS Update for Esprimo Q900

Moderator: ModTeam

annabelle
Product(s): Esprimo Q556/2

Meltdown / Spectre BIOS Update for Esprimo Q900

Postby annabelle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:53

Hello,

although I have little hope of receiving any official response in this forum, I will give it a try:

In the list of devices affected by the Meltdown & Spectre vulnerabilities (http://docs.ts.fujitsu.com/dl.aspx?id=6 ... 43fdf5ee57) the Esprimo Q900 isn't listed, although its Core-i* CPUs have this vulnerability. Same for the Esprimo Q9000 by the way. Will there be a BIOS update or will Fujitsu leave these systems vulnerable?

Best regards!

-=Mr B=-
Product(s): A7640w

Re: Meltdown / Spectre BIOS Update for Esprimo Q900

Postby -=Mr B=- » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:06

Just going of what every other manufacturer are doing... No. No, there will be no updates for a device this old.
My NEWEST system is equipped with the same era CPU, so generally from the same time frame. Out of the 7 different system, or motherboard manufacturers i've been in contact with, 100% have confirmed that there will be no update. I have to admit, i haven't actually asked these guys... Whats the point. Ask, and die still not knowing, 6 years later...

For what it's worth tho. Just keep up with OS, and possible software updates, and it's not really an issue anyway.

Return to “ESPRIMO”