Problem Recovering From Sleep After W10 Update

Moderator: ModTeam

EMJB
Product(s): ESPRIMO P556

Problem Recovering From Sleep After W10 Update

Postby EMJB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 14:47

After the update to Windows 10 version 1709 and KB4041994 on my P336 I found that on recovering from sleep mode I got a (rather pretty) repeatable pattern on the display, rather than the desktop, from which the only escape seemed to be to power down. It would then be OK on the next boot until it entered sleep mode.

After much messing about, I cured this problem by using the latest video driver (21.20.16.4727) on the Fujitsu site rather than the rather later one that I assume had been installed in the above updates. I have not found anything that does not work with this earlier driver, but presumably there was some reason for the changes in the later version. Is there something I have yet to trip over?

Mickeynew
Product(s): Esprimo P5925

Re: Problem Recovering From Sleep After W10 Update

Postby Mickeynew » Tue Nov 28, 2017 20:01

I had troubles with waking from sleep on a Fujitsu Esprimo after a major Windows update. I discovered it was particular to ATI video cards and using two monitors. I also had the same issue with an HP desktop with two monitors. To solve it, I bought Nvidia graphics cards for both off eBay for less than $10. I no longer have an ATI card installed, so I cannot tell you if Microsoft has fixed the issue. I chased it all the way to tier 2 support and they thanked me for my work. I also reported it to ATI.

Return to “ESPRIMO”