Esprimo Q558 won't boot

Moderator: ModTeam

interzoid
Product(s): Esprimo Q558
ESPRIMO P420
CELSIUS M740B

Esprimo Q558 won't boot

Postby interzoid » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:10

I was about to change the SSD on an Esprimo Q558 and the thermal paste seemed quite dry, so I set out to replace it. Unscrewed the heatsink+fan, cleaned and replaced the thermal paste, but after putting everything back together the Esprimo won't turn on.
When I press the ON switch on there's a slow beep (abt every 3 seconds) coming out of the mb, no post and no screen. It seems like a protection is kicking in, maybe I should reset something? I noticed there's a jumper to the right of the heatsink but could find no serviving manual.
I triple-checked the new thermal paste for possible shorts, everything seems ok.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Esprimo Q558 won't boot

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:54

Hello :)

Please ensure that you re-installed all the removed parts correctly based on the following manual: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/indexdow ... 4A23C8F859

If you will be sure that all the parts have been mounted firmly in place, it could mean that any of the disassembled parts or even a mainboard itself has been damaged during your own repair.
In this case, it is recommended to visit one of our certified service partners who can analyze the issue and fix it. Such intervention will have a fee.

Please also keep in mind that a heatsink and a CPU can be only disassemble and re-assemble by a certified service partner in order not to void a warranty for the device.
If the affected device is already out of warranty, you can replace the parts yourself, but you are doing this at your own risk.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Support Forum

interzoid
Product(s): Esprimo Q558
ESPRIMO P420
CELSIUS M740B

Re: Esprimo Q558 won't boot

Postby interzoid » Sat Sep 18, 2021 21:42

Thanks for your reply,
Turns out the SO-DIMM module somehow got partially dislodged from his slot. Re-seating the RAM module solved the issue. So I guess the "slow beep every three seconds" error stands for "missing RAM module". You can update the service manual! ;-)

Return to “ESPRIMO”