fujitsu esprimo e5730 e-star5 Not powering on.

Moderator: ModTeam

Vezerfi
Product(s): fujitsu esprimo e5730 e-star5

fujitsu esprimo e5730 e-star5 Not powering on.

Postby Vezerfi » Fri Apr 30, 2021 19:29

Hello everyone! :D I have a Fujitsu Esprimo e5730 e-star5 computer! Always when I plugged it in, every fan would spin up loudly, then just stop, and you could boot the machine. The problem starts when one of my friends Bought some IDE hard drives and PATA to SATA converters. He wanted to make a server pc, and so he modified the cables on the power supply, so instead of the SATA cables there would be PATA connectors, and now the PC doesn't start, it only makes the loud fan noise and doesn't stop, nor does it do anything by pressing the power button. So my question is, did we brick the power supply, or could it be something else? :?:
Thanks!

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: fujitsu esprimo e5730 e-star5 Not powering on.

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Mon May 03, 2021 12:28

Hello :)

Most likely those adjustments may have created a short circuit on the motherboard.
Not only PSY may be affected by that. It could damage motherboard or CPU as well.

I would advice visiting a local repair center. But since this model is in its End of Life status availability of spare parts may be very limited as Fujitsu doesn't provide them anymore.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Team

Vezerfi

Postby Vezerfi » Mon May 03, 2021 19:54

Hello!
Thank you for the response!
I'll try to change some parts & find out the problem (hopefully)
If I find the issue I'll post it here!
Anyways thank you so much again, and have a nice day! :D

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Fri May 07, 2021 12:57

No problem at all :)

Have a nice day!

Vezerfi

Postby Vezerfi » Sun May 16, 2021 10:01

Hello again!
Now I got the pc up and running with Linux Mint 20!
Turns out that the problem was that all the RAM sticks I had at home, were all broken!
I tried loads but none succeeded! So I just got down to a nearby shop and bought ram! When I got the PC to work I was really happy! Anyways thanks for the help, because I would never have tried anything without the advice, so yeah, I feel kinda bad that the problem was so simple, but I guess it is still better than if it would have broke!
Thanks
-Peter

Medizo
Product(s): ETERNUS DX and AMILO Desktop

Postby Medizo » Mon May 17, 2021 12:15

Vezerfi wrote:Hello again!
Now I got the pc up and running with Linux Mint 20!
Turns out that the problem was that all the RAM sticks I had at home, were all broken!
I tried loads but none succeeded! So I just got down to a nearby shop and bought ram! When I got the PC to work I was really happy! Anyways thanks for the help, because I would never have tried anything without the advice, so yeah, I feel kinda bad that the problem was so simple, but I guess it is still better than if it would have broke!
Thanks
-Peter

Hi Peter! Thank you for the feedback as I was waiting for it. I have a similar issue with my fujitsu in my house in Larnaca here and now I will try to fix it using your way.
Hello!

Return to “ESPRIMO”