Pen Writing Issues

Moderator: ModTeam

iparish
Product(s): Stylistic Q702 Pro

Pen Writing Issues

Postby iparish » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:17

I use a Q702. Mostly in tablet form. I have n-tri g version 1.3.94.1.0.43 installed.
I write with the pen in OneNote most of the time as it's a major part of my job.
My problem is that when writing in OneNote the pen does not always work properly. When I take the pen off the screen to move to a new letter or word the "ink" still appears on OneNote and I end up with a scrawl of joined up writing. The ink also seems to have a heavier weight than when the pen is working normally. I have turned off the variable ink thickness and it made no difference.
This is intermittent too, sometimes it behaves like this, sometimes it doesn't. Restarting the device makes no difference to this.
There are a few other users of the Q702 in my establishment and about 1/5 of them have this problem (3 tablets).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

iparish
Product(s): Stylistic Q702 Pro

Re: Pen Writing Issues

Postby iparish » Wed Mar 05, 2014 13:33

Some more information.
When the pen is misbehaving OneNote does not vary the pressure of the stylus. It appears that the computer thinks the pen is always pushing on the screen. This makes it incredibly hard to write with.
When I open the n-trig panel the battery status of the pen flickers as though it is constantly refreshing this information, even if the pen is close but not touching the screen.

MinYang
Product(s): Fujitsu LIFEBOOK T902

Re: Pen Writing Issues

Postby MinYang » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:25

I use a XP-Pen Star G640 drawing tablet at home for videos , and for online teaching (with OneNote , whiteboard app...keeping it simple) , digital writing and note taking.

you could just turn off pressure senstivity.or just make it harder to change pressure levels, you get accustomed to it pretty quick.

Return to “STYLISTIC Tablet PC”