M532 touchscreen not working

Moderator: ModTeam

Andy Lewis
Product(s): M532 tablet

M532 touchscreen not working

Postby Andy Lewis » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08

The touchscreen capability on my M532 (v4.0) stopped working a few days ago (2 weeks after the 12 month warranty expired). I've no idea why this has suddenly happened. It means I can't type the entry password or do anything with it. I get an audible click in the password field when I tap and if I hold my finger down I get the cursor showing but no keyboard appears. My next step is to attach an external keyboard/mouse, either via docking cradle or Bluetooth - either of which I'll have to buy (and maybe Bluetooth won't work if it hasn't been configured?) Or can I use the micro USB port to connect a USB keyboard via USB adapter? Or would factory reset fix it?

Any suggestions as to cause or fix much appreciated.

Andy Lewis
Product(s): M532 tablet

Re: M532 touchscreen not working

Postby Andy Lewis » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:53

I've now fixed the problem. I connected a cradle and external USB mouse. The keyboard didn't actually work but when I disconnected the cradle the soft keyboard suddenly appeared when I tapped the password field. Very odd but now seems to be working, so I'm not complaining . I now want to remove the password and just use slide but can't seem to work out how to do it. Slide is greyed out in the security/password settings function. Can anyone help? Thanks

Return to “STYLISTIC Tablet PC”