Upgrading Lifebook E5510

Moderator: ModTeam

Paulo Hoffman
Product(s): Fujitsu E5510 laptop

Upgrading Lifebook E5510

Postby Paulo Hoffman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 21:01

Hi...!
I've recently buy a Fujitsu Lifebook E5510 and I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade it like changing the i5 processor to a i7 and if it is also possible to connect a 2nd SSD on the motherboard...
One of the reasons I chose this laptop was mainly due to it's construction quality and possibility of upgrading but as I open it and check the available connections I saw only one possible SSD extra connector that is empty, but I also saw on the Internet that might be an LTE/4G board connector and not a secondary SSD expansion connector...
I would apreciate any help on this issue before I spend any money on buying another SSD that I don't know if I can install it on the laptop...
Thank you in advance for any help...!

Lithosphere
Product(s): E5511, E5510, A556, E5590, A512, A556G

Re: Upgrading Lifebook E5510

Postby Lithosphere » Wed Mar 09, 2022 18:56

Hi there,
I know the device (have one in maintenance) and I think I know what you might have seen.
About the CPU: I do not subscribe to your idea at all. However.
Buy SO-DIMM RAM and a fast "HD" and you will get happy with the device.
My opinion.
My thoughts about the connectors:
The empty HD-wire-plug could be used if you find the space for the devices. The connector will be available from slightly older models, inofficially.
Wouldn't it be better to replace the M2 chip by a larger one? I assume you already have the 5510 with M2 chip instead of SATA. The genuine Fujitsu M2 are good but average. A large and fast one would kick ass, I guess (my attempts were quite promising ;-) ).
FF!

Return to “LIFEBOOK”