Lifebook e744 i7-4702mq - is it possible to reduce the fan noise

Moderator: ModTeam

zbyneksmetana
Product(s): Fujitsu E744 i7-4702mq

Lifebook e744 i7-4702mq - is it possible to reduce the fan noise

Postby zbyneksmetana » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:23

Sorry for language mistakes. A few days ago I bought an secondhand notebook "Lifebook e744 i7-4702MQ". Nice machine but i have one problem ... problem with fan noise. When laptop is in idle mode is copletely silent but when i turn on for example one youtube movie the fan starts and this is little annoying. Percentage of processor usage at this time is about 5- 10 percent and processor temperature is around 48-52 Celsius degree. I dont know standard idle mode temerature value for this model. Is it posible to reduce this noise:for example by cooling down processor (clean radiator, thermal paste replacement ), change fan speed by some computer program ect. Maybe someone already had such a problem and overcame it ?

Clustersoft
Product(s): LB E734

Re: Lifebook e744 i7-4702mq - is it possible to reduce the fan noise

Postby Clustersoft » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:04

I have the same Problem with a E734.
Updated to latest BIOS (1.26) and tried both configurations:fan control "normal" and "silent"

What is really annoying is the permanent on/off of the fan. If it was on all the time, it would be OK.

Please provide a solution.

Thanks a lot!

Helga
Product(s): AMILO D-1840 (=entfallen)
Lifebook E-8110 (Win7x86/ULT)
Lifebook E-8420 (Nvd-Gfx, Win10x64/PRO)
Lifebook T935 (i-Gfx, Win10x64/Pro, 16 GB RAM)
Celsius H730 (Nvd-Gfx, Win10x64/Pro, 32 GB RAM)

Postby Helga » Wed Oct 23, 2019 21:03

zbyneksmetana wrote:When laptop is in idle mode is completely silent but when i turn on for example one youtube movie the fan starts and this is little annoying

Bei meinem alten E8420NV, mit dem ich meistens arbeite, verhält es sich genauso.

Es war aber vor Jahren viel schlimmer. Daraufhin habe ich das Notebook zerlegt und den Kühler vom Prozessor abgeschraubt und mit neuer Temperatur-Leitpaste wieder zusammen gebaut. Habe dabei auch einen neuen Ventilator eingebaut. Das Kugellager des alten Fans heulte immer wieder auf und das Ölen des Kugellagers brachte immer nur vorübergehend Abhilfe. Natürlich auch den ganzen Staub aus dem Kühlsytem entfernt.

In diesem Moment sind im Browser 5 Tabs geöffnet, Internetverbindung besteht über das integrierte UMTS-Modem. Ergebnis: Plus/Minus 10 Prozent Prozessor-Last. Ventilator läuft permanent mit ganz mäßiger Lautstärke.

Wirklich störend rauscht der Ventilator eigentlich nur auf, wenn im Hintergrund Windows-Updates laufen, die man als User nicht ohne weiteres mitbekommt. Nach ca. einer Stunde geht das vorrüber. Solche automatischen Updates laufen hier sowieso nur bei Verbindung über den Heim-Router (Windows-Update, Einstellungen)

Ob der Ventilator störend rauscht hängt auch ganz entscheidend vom Abstand der User-Ohren zum Notebook ab!

Es ist schon ein Unterschied, ob man normal am Schreibtisch vor dem Notebook sitzt oder auf der Couch liegt, Fresse nur 20 cm über der Tastatur hängend.... :lol:

https://www.dict.cc/
https://dict.leo.org/
Fakten Fakten Fakten - und immer an den User denken!

juansan
Product(s): Lifebook E544

Postby juansan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:45

I have the same problem and I think is "normal", because the fan is design to be fast if the computer is hot. When you watch a video, the computer needs to process a lot of data and produces heat, so if you configure the fan to be lower, your CPU can be burn. I recommend to buy a laptop base cooler so that the fan goes slower.

juansann
Product(s): Lifebook E544

Postby juansann » Wed Nov 20, 2019 13:02

I have another tip to reduce the fan noise. If you can open the notebook and access to the fan, you can clean it and even, if it continues making much noise, you can replace it. I Think that cleaning it will reduce the noise.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”