Issues while Dual booting with Windows 7

Moderator: ModTeam

harman
Product(s): Fujitsu A555 Lifebook

Issues while Dual booting with Windows 7

Postby harman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:16

Hello All

I have Fujitsu A555 laptop with Windows 7 64-bit installed on it and trying to dual boot with Linux Manjaro/Linux Mint 64-bit XFCE editions. Every time installer starts, by default it starts with UEFI mode and while installation process it does not detect the Windows 7 64 bit edition is installed on laptop.

Linux mint installer gives following message:

"This machine's firmware has started the installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there may exist operating systems already installed using "BIOS compatibility mode"...If you wish to install in UEFI mode and don't care about keeping the ability to boot one of the existing systems, you have the option to force that here......"

I have attached screenshots of BIOS options that are selected and have tried creating a Manjaro/Linux Mint/Ubuntu Bootable USB drives with Etcher and Rufus, all boot into UEFI by default. I have tried disabling Fast boot mode, Secure boot and CMS enabled in BIOS, however, it still boots into UEFI mode.

Please let me know if anybody faced same issue and how it can be fixed. It would be helpful.

Thanks
Harman
Attachments
BIOS_2.jpeg
BIOS Selections
BIOS_2.jpeg (168.9 KiB) Viewed 3833 times
BIOS_1.jpeg
BIOS Selections
BIOS_1.jpeg (143.91 KiB) Viewed 3833 times

Return to “LIFEBOOK”