T935 CPU fan is noisy

Moderator: ModTeam

Colinfujitsu
Product(s): Lifebook T935

T935 CPU fan is noisy

Postby Colinfujitsu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:03

Hi Guys,

The CPU fan on my lifebook T935 makes a high pitching noise, like the sound of CD spinning during initial reading state.

The noise appears after some time the lifebook has turned on, presumably when the CPU gets hot. After blowing the hot air out for some time, it slows down to normal levels. But after some time, the cycle repeats again.

This is bloody annoying! Appreciate advice how I can get this sorted.

Thanks in adavance

Best Regards,
Colin

Kopernikus
Product(s): LIFEBOOK T904, Port Replicator, External SuperMulti / Blu-ray Drive, SCALEOVIEW S19-1

Re: T935 CPU fan is noisy

Postby Kopernikus » Tue Aug 04, 2015 23:07

Hello Colin,
excuse my bad English.

The same problems existed in the previous version (T904). Remedy was provided by BIOS updates. There was also a fan-utility for the T904, which do not exist for the T935. Important: The fan-utility set down the performance at high system-temperature, after the BIOS-Update it is not necessary.

Install the BIOS update. However, at very high activity (E.g. Kaspersky-Scan and Photoshop together), you will hear the fan.

Best regards
Frank

Colinfujitsu
Product(s): Lifebook T935

Postby Colinfujitsu » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:40

Dear Frank,

Thank you for the advice. I have tried to update my BIOS from the fujitsu website, but it seems that my BIOS is already the latest version.

Any other methods?

Best regards,
Colin

Kopernikus
Product(s): LIFEBOOK T904, Port Replicator, External SuperMulti / Blu-ray Drive, SCALEOVIEW S19-1

Postby Kopernikus » Fri Aug 07, 2015 13:17

Hello Colin,
when you accept an lower performance of your system (enough for office & Co) you can change the further settings:

Systemsteuerung\Alle Systemsteuerungselemente\Energieoptionen\Energiesparplaneinstellungen bearbeiten

"Erweiterte Energieeinstellungen ändern"
"Prozessorenergieverwaltung"
"Systemkühlungsrichtlinie"

Change the settings from "Aktiv" to "Passiv"

Greetings
Frank

Return to “LIFEBOOK”