Advice on how to reinstall Fujitsu Lifebook A512

Moderator: ModTeam

RocknRollTim
Product(s): Lifebook A512

Advice on how to reinstall Fujitsu Lifebook A512

Postby RocknRollTim » Sun Feb 01, 2015 20:08

Hi there,

Can anyone advise on how to reinstall a Fujitsu Lifebook A512 and to retain it's a recovery partition so that it can be accessed a later date? I'm going to advise a friend who also has the same laptop as me to reinstall Windows on his laptop as he has been complaining that it has been running slow for a long time since he got the laptop and has done all the usual checks that you would normally do on a Windows PC but want to ensure that his recovery partition is still accessible and not like mine after reinstalling Windows with one of Operating System Recovery DVDs, preferably with Windows 7 SP1 Professional x64 and not with Windows 7 SP1 Professional x86 or with Windows 8 Pro x64, can this is be guaranteed when using the main C to reinstall Windows? Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Advice on how to reinstall Fujitsu Lifebook A512

Postby sabrex » Thu Feb 19, 2015 20:01

The recovery partition is not accessible after the self extraction process any consequent rebuild is done using the OS PRCD supplied by wipeing the entire partitions and starting a fresh install.

(no hdbr (hard disk based recovery) on these)

RocknRollTim
Product(s): Lifebook A512

Re: Advice on how to reinstall Fujitsu Lifebook A512

Postby RocknRollTim » Sat Feb 21, 2015 19:24

Hi sabrex,

Thank you for responding to my forum thread, unfortunately it all sounds to similar to problems I have had on Dell laptops but not a problem though.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

Return to “LIFEBOOK”