E733/743/753 - UMTS/LTE ready Products: NO ADD-ON provided

Moderator: ModTeam

Kasazza
Product(s): Lifebook, Esprimo PCs, Celsius, Primergy Servers...

E733/743/753 - UMTS/LTE ready Products: NO ADD-ON provided

Postby Kasazza » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42

Hello from Italy,

on the new 3 models of the new Elegance Line E733 (13.3") - E743 (14.1") - E753 (15.6") there are some italy localized-promo configurations signed "UMTS/LTE READY".

But there is not any UMTS or LTE Module provided as ADD-ON in Architect-Configurator if you wanna buy it in a second time.

It's only possible buy the entire Notebook with UMTS or LTE Module ALREADY INSTALLED by factory!

When the UMTS Module is already mounted on these Notebook it is the same Sierra Wireless MC8305 mounted in the older notebooks, but it is a newer HW Revision, and if you mount on these new notebooks the older coded P/N S26391-F985-L120 UMTS Module: it does not work correctly (it runs and it is recognized, it recognizes the SIM CARD but it does not connect)

Have you already noticed this problem?

Is there a FW UPDATE to upgrade the older UMTS module to set it good for the new Lifebook E7x3?

Regards,
Andrea Casarini

SFA1492
Product(s): SCENIC E600, SCENIC W600, SCENIC W620, LIFEBOOK A530 UMTS

Re: E733/743/753 - UMTS/LTE ready Products: NO ADD-ON provid

Postby SFA1492 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 19:40

Hi there,

the UMTS- and LTE-Module is available via spare parts.
With those modules you don't have plug and play. You have to use the DMI-Tool-Software to "tell" your notebook that the hardware is actually there. Since only certified technicians have access to those tools I guess that's why you can't find the UMTS- or LTE-Module as an add-on in the achitect.

I don't really see the point in offering UMTS-ready notebooks, it doesn't pay off. I just had a case where a customer was interested in an E752 (VFY), but needed UMTS. The E752 with an additional UMTS-Module was more expensive than the E782 (also VFY) which had the UMTS-Module and other features already built-in.

Sascha

Kasazza
Product(s): Lifebook, Esprimo PCs, Celsius, Primergy Servers...

Re: E733/743/753 - UMTS/LTE ready Products: NO ADD-ON provid

Postby Kasazza » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09

SFA1492 wrote:Hi there,

the UMTS- and LTE-Module is available via spare parts.
With those modules you don't have plug and play. You have to use the DMI-Tool-Software to "tell" your notebook that the hardware is actually there. Since only certified technicians have access to those tools I guess that's why you can't find the UMTS- or LTE-Module as an add-on in the achitect.
Sascha

Infact just yesterday evening our support sent to my company (a FTS distributor with Service Partner Account) a updated version of the DMI-Tool.

But it's not an official version: I already looked at the PARTNERS Reserved Support Portal, but there was and still now there is the old version supported only on E781, S781, S751, A531, P771, T731 and older models!

Not only: In this NEW ELEGANCE LINE, the way to mount the UMTS Module, in the all three models, is really too hard for a normal customer: you have to remove keyboard (and it's not so easy as on other Lifebooks), upper assy and work under the metal support of the keyboard!!!

Anyway: SOLVED CASE!

Regards,
Andrea

isan
Product(s): S6410

Re: E733/743/753 - UMTS/LTE ready Products: NO ADD-ON provided

Postby isan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 18:28

Dear Andrea,

I have the same situation than you. I have been searching for this DMI Tool to enable bios UTMS module but with no luck. Would you help me to find out, please?

Thanks and regards,

Inaki

Return to “LIFEBOOK”