E series 8410 LAN does not connect at gigabit

Moderator: ModTeam

JohnQ
Product(s): Lifebook E series 8410

E series 8410 LAN does not connect at gigabit

Postby JohnQ » Mon Apr 22, 2013 20:42

Hello,

I am unable to connect to any gigabit switch at 1gb speed. Auto detect always results in just 100mb full duplex. I have tried different network cables and switches. Incidentally all the cables I have tested with and the gigabit switches, I can connect to fine using a different computer so the problem is not the cables or the switch.

I have tried the latest Intel 82566MC LAN driver from Intel's site as well as the original driver that is on Fujitsu's site. If I set the driver to auto negotiate 1000 Mbps then it always results in a cable unplugged result. So I usually leave it at auto detect which only results in a 100 mbps full duplex connection. I have also tried the different Gigabit master slave mode settings with no luck. I have also tried the Intel Proset software and tried diagnostics using it and everything checks out fine.

Do these NICs just electrically fail after a while where they can no longer connect at gigabit? Is this NIC an add on module that can easily replaced or is it part of the motherboard? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”