Extend partiton C

Moderator: ModTeam

Sindbad
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Lap Top

Extend partiton C

Postby Sindbad » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:49

Hi All,

I have a lap top Esprimo Mobile V5535, and I have been trying to extend partition C without success through the Disk Management, I shrinked the next partition D, to free space, and could create new partition in it, but when I right click on drive C, the extend is grey, and not active. can anyone help please in this ? is this Lap top model unable to extend drive C ?

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: Extend partiton C

Postby me@work » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:30

Please be informed that this is the German language part of the forum, and that there is another part in English language available, too. You might yield better (or at least more) results there, as you see, that no-one else has replied to your query...

Regarding the extension of partition C:, how do you get to the opinion that this could be a feature of the machine itself? :?

Please imagine the disk as a pile of bricks: let's say partition c: is the lower 5 bricks, partition d: is the next 20 or so bricks. You now take off the upper 10 bricks from partition d:, but there still is no room to add them to the first 5 pieces. You need to remove the remaining 10 bricks of partition d:, and then, you're able to add some bricks to c:

The windows OS can only extend a partition into free space. Other partitioning tools (either free- or payware) are capable to re-locate partition d: on the disk (i.e. moving it to the end of the disk, thereby freeing up space BETWEEN partition c: and partition d:), and can then extend partition c:

Sindbad
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Lap Top

Re: Extend partiton C

Postby Sindbad » Tue Sep 20, 2011 14:21

Thank you for your reply ( Danke ) :) ..... by the way I found a solution by using a software Easeus.

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”