v2060 dont show any display, lan card showing red light.

Moderator: ModTeam

halakoo
Product(s): Amilo Pro V2060

v2060 dont show any display, lan card showing red light.

Postby halakoo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:49

please help me urgently, I have amilo pro v2060 which is running fine till last night, i have properly shutdown it last night but didnt plug off its ac adapter then after some times our light went off due to heavy rain outside, after an hour light came back and as i havent switched off the adapter the laptop shows its charging. than i switched on my laptop by pressing power button it shows that laptop started and its blue light in front shows blinking which means computer is running but problem is there aren't any type of display on screen and laptop lan card is showing constant red light.
Please help me out to resolve that issue and i shall be very thankful to u as i am very desperate to resolve the issue my self and there arent any repair centres of siemens in our country (Pakistan).

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Re: v2060 dont show any display, lan card showing red light.

Postby Caretaker » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:26

Hello,

try this:
- Disconnect the AC-Adapter
- Remove the battery
- Press the power button for a view seconds
- After that connect AC-Adapter and battery again
- Press the power button

Is the device working again?

halakoo

Postby halakoo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:55

Thanx a lot caretaker for your reply, your suggestion works and now it showing display and windows starts normally but problem is that windows is not recognizing the builtin Lan card and lan card still showing Red light so unable to connect to the network. If u can help me in this regard do help me. I have tried to reinstall the lancard driver but with no avail it shows that driver is installed but Lan card is no visible.

Caretaker

Postby Caretaker » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:29

Did you have a look at the device manager? Is there any LAN Adapter device (should be under Network adapters)?
Where is the lan device missing. In the device manager or in the control panel?

Where comes the red light from? Do you mean only a red sign in the operating system or really a red LED at the back of the device?

halakoo

Postby halakoo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 19:25

Caretaker wrote:Did you have a look at the device manager? Is there any LAN Adapter device (should be under Network adapters)?
Where is the lan device missing. In the device manager or in the control panel?

Where comes the red light from? Do you mean only a red sign in the operating system or really a red LED at the back of the device?

LAN Adapter device is missing from Device manager under network adapters it just shows the wifi device.
Constant red light present on lan card where we insert the lan cable.

halakoo

Postby halakoo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 19:27

Also one more infor, i got laptop with bios locked with a password which I dont know so i cant open my laptop Bios.

Caretaker

Postby Caretaker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56

There might be an option in BIOS to disable the lan. But in this case i assume that this option has not been set to disabled as you do not have access to it.
If the LAN adapter cannot be seen in the device manager there might be a hardware defect. But to exclude a software problem first i would recommend to try if the device can be foudn in the "safe mode" (turn on your device, press F8 several times and choose to boot the safe mode"). The next option would be to try e.g. a Linux live CD to see if the LAN adapter can be found there.

These are possibilities to exclude a software problem but without reinstalling the operating system.

Return to “AMILO Pro”