Esprimo Q556/2 BIOS update went wrong

Moderator: ModTeam

Tarbusak
Product(s): Fujitsu Esprimo Q556/2

Esprimo Q556/2 BIOS update went wrong

Postby Tarbusak » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:10

Hello,
I have a little problem. I reinstalled my PC and let Windows Update install drivers. Unexpectedly update of BIOS went wrong and after reboot, fan ran on max rpm and PC shows Fujitsu logo for a long time, until it shows error message: "Error sending End Of Post message for ME: HECI disabled, proceeding with boot!".

I tried to downgrade BIOS, but neither windows executable or freedos flash does not work. Problem is, that PC will update BIOS but cant reboot. Overall there is problem with shuting down or rebooting PC - it just canť be done. PC does not reboot even after exiting BIOS and had to be forcefully shut down.

I would appreciate any help, thank you.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Esprimo Q556/2 BIOS update went wrong

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Jun 27, 2023 15:17

Hello and thank you for contacting FTS.

Please, check the front-panel jumper and make sure it is in default position, as described in BIOS manual: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 7BC14D0AAC

At page 64, you will find detailed instruction on what might happen during BIOS update with USB stick: "(...) no screen outputs will be possible in recovery mode. The Recovery Update will be carried out automatically in this case.

During the Recovery Update, a recurring short signal tone will sound.

Recovery of the system has succeeded if you hear the repeated signal sequence "short-short-long-long" after a long signal tone. The Recovery process can take a few minutes...".

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Forum Support Team

Return to “ESPRIMO”