Mains Adapter

All topics related to Handhelds. (SX45, PocketLOOX)
Gavin McCully

Mains Adapter

Postby Gavin McCully » Mon Nov 07, 2005 17:23

I am totally disgusted at this moment. I have a Pocket Loox 420 which I have owned for almost 12 months and never had a problem with it until now.<P>The mains adapter is no longer working and is not charging the pda either directly or via the docking station. <P>Easy I thought check the website and lo and behold at shopfujitsu etc they have one on display for £23 or so delivered. Thought it was a bit pricey but i need a working pda, so tried to order it. Told by them that they had no stock and none in the UK. They also said that it had been discontinued. This i found amazing as the one mains charging cable and plug does for all pocket loox handhelds. They said I had to contact their Outsourced parts operation, Service Source.<P>Service Source have just quoted me £45 for the item but no stock, guess what they have to order direct from Fujitsu Siemens and will be 5 to 7 working days.<P>Now £45 is a total rip off for a mains adapter! But unless I want a non functioing pda which is less than 12 months old, which has been totally reliable then I have no option but to order the unit.<P>Warranty, ahhh although the unit has a 2yr return to base warranty, guess what the mains charger according to Helpline is for only 6 months!<P>So yes I am a rather disgruntled Fujitsu Siemens user now!!<P>Gavin McCully<p>[This message has been edited by Gavin McCully (edited 07 November 2005).]

Return to “Handhelds (archive)”