pl720 scrollbar jumping

All topics related to Handhelds. (SX45, PocketLOOX)
pellgarlic

pl720 scrollbar jumping

Postby pellgarlic » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:57

has anyone had this problem? my 1-week-new PL720 seems to have a problem down the right-hand side of the screen. <P>this shows up particularly when i try to use the scroll bar at the right, in word or explorer for example - the scroll bar jumps up and down at about halfway down the screen. <P>it also show up intermittently in drawing programs when i try to draw at the right side of the screen - the "ink" that i am drawing jumps to a point about 2 or millimetres from where the stylus is, then jumps back, creating a line where i didn't want it. <P>i have tried re-aligning the screen, but it didn't help. anyone got any ideas? cos this is really irritating, and the thought of sending it off for repair when i only just got it is even more irritating.

skolomon

Re: pl720 scrollbar jumping

Postby skolomon » Sun Oct 16, 2005 14:36

I've also had similar problem for some time, and now it has become worse: I can't hit the screen is some points at all (even in the center of it), the taps go to wrong place, sometimes 1 or 2 centimeters away.<BR>I'm going to repair the unit.<P>Unfortunately, poor quality touch-screens nowadays are not rare. We had to repare another Pocket PC (not FS) lately with the same problem!

Return to “Handhelds (archive)”