Loox 720 LAN Connection

All topics related to Handhelds. (SX45, PocketLOOX)

Loox 720 LAN Connection

Postby » Fri Nov 19, 2004 16:14

Just acquired Loox 720. Can access internet through Wifi and my Linksys router. I want to be able to browse files on other pc's on the LAN. Could someone explain how I set this up?<P>Thanks

Re: Loox 720 LAN Connection

Postby » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:14

I you correctly setup you router, you can download (buy) program for Loox - PocketLAN. This program can see microsoft windows shared resources.<BR>

Postby » Tue Dec 07, 2004 22:01

[B]Just acquired Loox 720. Can access internet through Wifi and my Linksys router. I want to be able to browse files on other pc's on the LAN. Could someone explain how I set this up?<P>Look here : <A HREF="http://wifi.aximsite.com/network.html" TARGET=_blank>http://wifi.aximsite.com/network.html</A> <P>I know it is the axim site, but it works also<BR>for the Loox 720 (good site for other problems too, wished FSC had a site like this).<P>Also enable NetBios over TCP/IP :<BR>Control Panel - Network Connections - Select your PC network card - properties - general - internet protocol (TCP/IP) - Properties - Advanced - Wins - NetBios Setting<P>

Techno720

Postby Techno720 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 21:03

Or do you just want to browse shared drives? If so you can map the drive on the Loox by using File Explorer and click the Share icon (bottom right of the menu bar) and enter the server and share name in the format:<P>servershare_name<P>Works great!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Janes:<BR><B>Just acquired Loox 720. Can access internet through Wifi and my Linksys router. I want to be able to browse files on other pc's on the LAN. Could someone explain how I set this up?<P>Thanks</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Handhelds (archive)”