Via Sound

All topics related to Software & Operating systems
captain

Via Sound

Postby captain » Sun Oct 07, 2001 20:25

I have an Scaleo with Via motherboard and a Via (I think a AC97) soundcard incorporated.<BR>It looks like it is working OK. I do get the windows sounds when starting and shutting down, but nothing if I run a AVI og MPEG file, or even try to record from a microphone. I may hear it in my speakers though!!! But nothing is recorded. Playing games like "Midtown Madness2" or "Black and white" is done without any sounds. <BR>I have also used an ATI All in wonder card were I tried to capture video to my PC. Works OK, except there is no sounds (the program tells me there is no sound card installed!!).<BR>Have tried to install/uninstall most drivers on the FS net without any luck. I'm running ME.<P>Thank you in advance for any reply.<p>[This message has been edited by captain (edited 07 October 2001).]

claus.arndt

Re: Via Sound

Postby claus.arndt » Mon Oct 08, 2001 1:42

On Fujitsu-Siemens' homepage, look under drivers and install the newest one. The Scaleos from Belin were preinstalled with the wrong soundcarddrivers (VIA97).<BR>Hope, that helps!

Postby » Mon Oct 08, 2001 6:27

use driver-diagnosis (winME/2000/xp)<BR> <A HREF="http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/servicesupport/frameset_others.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/servicesupport/frameset_others.html</A> <P>and install the latest drivers .<BR>

captain

Postby captain » Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:49

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by captain:<BR><B>I have an Scaleo with Via motherboard and a Via (I think a AC97) soundcard incorporated.<BR>It looks like it is working OK. I do get the windows sounds when starting and shutting down, but nothing if I run a AVI og MPEG file, or even try to record from a microphone. I may hear it in my speakers though!!! But nothing is recorded. Playing games like "Midtown Madness2" or "Black and white" is done without any sounds. <BR>I have also used an ATI All in wonder card were I tried to capture video to my PC. Works OK, except there is no sounds (the program tells me there is no sound card installed!!).<BR>Have tried to install/uninstall most drivers on the FS net without any luck. I'm running ME.<P>Thank you in advance for any reply.<P>[This message has been edited by captain (edited 07 October 2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well I did finally manage to find the problem:<BR>There was a conflict between installed drivers or elements under "sound" in the device manager. When I logged in normally I could only see three elements (the ones I expected to be there!).<BR>But when I logged in in Safe Mode I could see almost 20 elements under sound devices.<BR>I removed them all, and logged in normally again. The plug and play ones installed automaticly and everything worked just fine!!!!!!!!!!<BR>I'm so happy.<BR>By the way, thank you for your replies.<BR> [img]/talk2/ubb-files/biggrin.gif[/img]<P>

Return to “Software & Operating systems (archive)”