re-installation WIN 98 SE trouble with SMBIOS structure

All topics related to Software & Operating systems

re-installation WIN 98 SE trouble with SMBIOS structure

Postby » Sun May 20, 2001 15:41

Hi Everybody,<P>I have got a problem re-installing WIN 98 SE on my FS Notebook Liteline.<P>In Windows I got the message GDI.EXE error re install Windows.<P>So, I went to DOS and typed format c: /s.<BR>After this, I restarted with my start up disk and choose for DOS with CD-ROM.<BR>In DOS I inserted my FS WIN98SE CD-ROM and typed setup.<P>After 1 sec, I got he message:<BR>SMBIOS structure found.<BR>Remove CD-ROM and hit any key to reboot.<P>I tried any thing I could possibly dream off.<BR>Booting from my FS WIN98SE CD-ROM<BR>Same message.<BR>Another WIN98SE CD-ROM, same problem.<BR>ETC.<BR>Who can help me with this problem.<P>I have got a nice notebook, and I can't do a thing with it.<P>Thanx for helping me,<BR>Michiel

Binary

Re: re-installation WIN 98 SE trouble with SMBIOS structure

Postby Binary » Mon May 21, 2001 16:09

Try using the command <b>_SETUP</b> instead of the regular(so, add an <i>underscore</i> in front of the setup command).

Postby » Tue May 22, 2001 12:17

Well, I tried that doesn't work.<P>I checked my CD-ROM, and it is broken.<P>So problem solved, just another CD-ROM.<P>Thanks for your reaction.<P>Bey

Postby » Thu Sep 27, 2001 6:24

solution is in this webpage<BR> <A HREF="http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/Lifebook/general/LLRecovery.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/Lifebook/general/LLRecovery.htm</A> <P>the solution is reboot the pc with de CD-ROM-DVD unit in the firt.<P>IN SPANISH <BR>Basicamente lo que hay que hacer es arrancar el ordenador directamente desde el cd, esto se hace entrando en la BIOS Y UTILIZANDO LOS (CURSORES) Y (INTRO) y (+) y (-), es decir, decirle que arranque desde el CD y tener introducido en el mismo el CD DE FUJITSU de W98SE.<P>LA VERDAD ES QUE LA WEB FUJITSU ES UN POCO MIERDA NUNCA ENCUENTRAS NADA, DESORDENADA, CAOTICA... UNA MIERDA.<P>SUERTE A TODOS.

Return to “Software & Operating systems (archive)”