Reinstalling Winows XP problem: authentication certifica

All topics related to Software & Operating systems
Janis

Reinstalling Winows XP problem: authentication certifica

Postby Janis » Sat Oct 01, 2005 15:29

AMILO M7440G I have reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition 3 times, because first 2 - I forgot to check few options. Finaly 3. time - I had checked them and made 3 partitions too. Only first time Setup asked me for the Authentication Certificate number. It didn't asked me for it second and third times. And after 3. reinstallation I tried to activate Windows and found that it is already activated. Is it normal?! About Authentication Certificate number I think it ought to ask it?

Re: Reinstalling Winows XP problem: authentication certifica

Postby 3382100629 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 17:36

I will need to reinstall Xp on my AMILO.<BR>You did it 3 times.<BR>Does it asks you for activation each time?<BR>Does it work?<BR>I tried to test this on another PC, still mine, but refused activation.<BR>The code it asks only the first time, it's OK.

sdragos

Postby sdragos » Sat Dec 03, 2005 21:04

Hi, I have an answer regarding your problem.<BR>When you authenticate win.xp, your PC sends informations to Microsoft containing as well the ID product and the hardware configuration of your PC. <BR>So when you have done the 3 partitions, you modified your hardware configuration and the information send to Microsoft was different as if it would be another PC.<BR>I hope my answer will help you. Best regards.<P>

sdragos

Postby sdragos » Sat Dec 03, 2005 21:20

By the way, every time you install your win.xp you must activate and when you do this several times, the hardware configuration must be the same so that Microsoft should recognise it. And in your case the solution is to merge the 3 partitions and to make them again after you register your win.xp.

Return to “Software & Operating systems (archive)”