installing windows on Lifebook B series ?

All topics related to Software & Operating systems
peanut
Product(s): P1032, P2020, P7010

installing windows on Lifebook B series ?

Postby peanut » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:50

Hi please can anyone help. I have bought a Fujitsu Lifebook B 2175 with no hard drive.<BR>It has no CD rom or Floppy drive. How can I install windows 98SE or 2000Pro ?<P>I have the following at my disposal :-<P>desktop PC (shuttle xpc)<BR>a USB pen drive<BR>a USB IDE connector for 2.5" drives<BR>a IDE connector 3.5 to 2.5" adaptor cable<BR>Licensed Windows 98se, Millenium, 2000Pro, & XP<BR>98SE Boot disk<P>Please help I am rapidly losing the will to live lol Crying or Very sad

Juggernaut

Re: installing windows on Lifebook B series ?

Postby Juggernaut » Sun Sep 11, 2005 17:38

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peanut:<BR><B>Hi please can anyone help. I have bought a Fujitsu Lifebook B 2175 with no hard drive.<BR>It has no CD rom or Floppy drive. How can I install windows 98SE or 2000Pro ?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I ASSUME that you do have a 2.5" harddrive for the notebook, right?<P>If so, then hook up this drive to your PC using the 3.5" to 2.5" adapter. Use a Win98SE bootdisk and FDISK to partition, activate and format the harddisk. (best of all disconnect your normal harddrive, so you cant accidentally format it *g*). After that use the SYS command to transfer a DOD system to the new harddisk (eg.amke it bootable).<P>Then boot from your normal harddisk with the new harddisk still attached. Copy the installation files from the CD to the harddisk, for example to a directory "WinCD".<P>Then bootthe notebook from the new harddisk and install windows.<P>More details are here:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.onecomputerguy.com/install/win9x_install.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.onecomputerguy.com/install/win9x_install.htm</A>

Return to “Software & Operating systems (archive)”