monitor LCD B15-1 and Linux

All topics related to Software & Operating systems
GioLi

monitor LCD B15-1 and Linux

Postby GioLi » Wed May 12, 2004 22:24

I installed MDK 10.0 Community, from 3 CD found in italian magazine, in a Fujitsu-Siemens Scenico P300 with video card ATI Radeon and monitor LCD Fujitsu- Siemens B15-1 (15" with analog interface). <BR>It seems all OK but the image of the screen (e. g. the deskop) is larger than screen itself. I mean that in the screen I see only a part of the dektop and if I want to see the other parts of the desktop I have to move the pointer (moving the mouse) till the end of the screen and then the image scrolls. <P>I tried changing resolution of the screen but nothing happens.<BR>I used also xvidtune to change settings in file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 but nothing change. <P>I tried also changing monitor and I had some surprises:<BR>1) an Eizo CRT 17 " work well<BR>2) a LCD 18" Fujitsu- Siemens (same firm of LCD 15") work well with digital interface and bad with analog interface.<BR>Futher controls show that with analog interface both LCD monitors with analog interface set "automatically" for 640x480 and this explain why the image is larger than scren at resolution bigger than 640x480.<BR>The problem is why CRT (of course with analog interface) and LCD with digital interface is correctly set and both LCD with analog inteface is not.<BR>I tried adjust screen resolution manually with keys on screen but it seems impossible.<P>

Return to “Software & Operating systems (archive)”