Error during "BMC BIOS FLASH" Update

All topics related to Server Products
PeterOs

Error during "BMC BIOS FLASH" Update

Postby PeterOs » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:18

I have an RX200 S2 which has just had the M/Bd replaced. (S26361-D1790-A100-4)<BR>I successfully flashed the M/Bd BIOS to bring it up to Rev A4F2 (prev A3F0)<BR>However the BMC BIOS update to 4.21E fails with error message:<BR> "no valid FRU structure"<BR>Two questions:<BR>Wotz an FRU structure??<BR>How do I resolve the problem and successfully update the BMC BIOS??<P>I have six other RX200 S2's which have all been updated without a problem....<P>Tks<BR>Pete<P>

niggli

Re: Error during "BMC BIOS FLASH" Update

Postby niggli » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:16

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterOs:<BR><B>I have an RX200 S2 which has just had the M/Bd replaced. (S26361-D1790-A100-4)<BR>...<BR>However the BMC BIOS update to 4.21E fails with error message:<BR> "no valid FRU structure"<BR>...<BR>Wotz an FRU structure??<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>AFAIK FRU means Field Replaceable Unit. I guess FSC sent you a somehow strange or very old motherboard. Your previously version was A3F0. But at the moment the oldest upgradeable versions seems to be A3F4 (well, the so called Download Description then mentions A3F0.D1790 in its section 'Comment:')<p>[This message has been edited by niggli (edited 16 November 2005).]

Return to “Server Products (archive)”