TX150 S3 Linux Modul-Discs doesn't work

All topics related to Server Products
pschulze59

TX150 S3 Linux Modul-Discs doesn't work

Postby pschulze59 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 14:16

I need help!<BR>I 'm about to install SuSE 9.3 on TX150S3, but the generated modules-discs (from fsc-serverstart-cd) are ignored, if the setup of suse want it to load.<BR>How can I make the modules available for the suse-setup so that the raid- and lan-modules are loaded and the raid-array and lan-nic are recognisized?<P>Thanks for help!

pschulze59

Re: TX150 S3 Linux Modul-Discs doesn't work

Postby pschulze59 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 16:37

First hints i've got from a friendly fsc-helpdesk-man: <BR>I have to use the CD and so only the 32-Bit-Version of SuSE9.3.<BR>The installation fails if you use the DVD, even you select the 32-Bit-Version on DVD.<P>OKAY! But now...<BR>after the first CD and the first reboot the system hangs with kernel panic! It looks like while mounting the root partion.<P>Okay, I can start the setup again, using the modules-disk and if the setup shows the installmodus-menu in yast (not the boot-menu) I can choice "boot installed system" and I can continue the installation process until the last CD. But with the next boot the server hangs again with kernel-panic.<P>What shall I do??<P><p>[This message has been edited by pschulze59 (edited 11 October 2005).]

Return to “Server Products (archive)”