LSI Raid Primergy Econel 50

All topics related to Server Products
Fixer

LSI Raid Primergy Econel 50

Postby Fixer » Tue Sep 20, 2005 16:59

Hi<BR>Can someone answer, whether you can add an addtional sata drive to a single drive configured server, configuring the controller for intergrated mirroring over two drives without loosing any of the data.

Omiar

Re: LSI Raid Primergy Econel 50

Postby Omiar » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:55

Only way, and I have tested on my Econel 50:<P>1. clear raidconfiguration in the LSI Bios - ctrl+m, configure, clear configuration<BR>2. create a new raid 1 - mirror, and save this configuration - configure, new configuration, ....<BR>3. go to objects, physical drive and select the new disk than set force offline for this disk<BR>4. only the old disk with the Operation System are online, the raid 1 are critical but the System boot up.<BR>5. in the windows OS with installed GAM - Global Array Manager - select the offline drive and select rebuild. Done.<P>alternativ you can rebuild the new drive in the LSI bios but I prevered the rebuild in the GAM, first I can work during rebuild and second more importantly, I'm shure that my OS boot up, because if you set offline the wrong disk and rebuilds the empty disk all data are lost.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fixer:<BR><B>Hi<BR>Can someone answer, whether you can add an addtional sata drive to a single drive configured server, configuring the controller for intergrated mirroring over two drives without loosing any of the data.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Server Products (archive)”