Primergy TX200 RAID on existing system

All topics related to Server Products
drodman

Primergy TX200 RAID on existing system

Postby drodman » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:11

Hi,<P>we have server configured atm like this:<P>array one / one disk - operating system<BR>array two / RAID 1 - exchange 2003<P>I bought one disk that I want to put on array one and make them RAID 1. Is this possible without losing data on array one?<P>I read serverbooks and they didn't give me straight answer. (Many helpful hints though...)<P>brgds<BR>Kari

Data

Re: Primergy TX200 RAID on existing system

Postby Data » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:39

Hi Drodman.<P>What type of server and RAID controller are you using at the moment?<P>Greetings.<BR>Data.

drodman

Postby drodman » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:42

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Data:<BR><B>Hi Drodman.<P>What type of server and RAID controller are you using at the moment?<P>Greetings.<BR>Data.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi Data,<P>RAID controller is Adaptec 2010S Ultra320 and server is Primergy TX200..<P>brgds<BR>Kari<BR><p>[This message has been edited by drodman (edited 16 July 2004).]

Data

Postby Data » Fri Jul 16, 2004 15:00

Hi Kari,<P>According to my knowledge, the Adaptec 2010s does not have the RLM (RAID Level Migration) functionality, so it's not possible to migrate to RAID 1 without DATA loss.<P>Regards.<BR>Data.<BR>

drodman

Postby drodman » Sat Jul 17, 2004 17:06

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Data:<BR><B>Hi Kari,<P>According to my knowledge, the Adaptec 2010s does not have the RLM (RAID Level Migration) functionality, so it's not possible to migrate to RAID 1 without DATA loss.<P>Regards.<BR>Data.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi Data,<P>I found this page from Adaptecs site, it seems to have RLM...<BR> <A HREF="http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/prodfamilymatrix.html?sess=no&language=English+UK&family=Ultra320&cat=%2FTechnology%2FUltra320%2FUltra320+RAID" TARGET=_blank>http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/prodfamilymatrix.html?sess=no&language=English+UK&family=Ultra320&cat=%2FTechnology%2FUltra320%2FUltra320+RAID</A> <P>brgds<BR>Kari<BR>

Data

Postby Data » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:23

Hi Kari.<BR>Are you sure? I can find some info about OCE (Online Capacity Expansion)in the documentation but nothing about RLM. (We're still talking about the ZCR 2010s do we?) RLM is only suitable for the 2200s and the 2120s according to the info you've send.<P>Best regards.<BR>Data.<P>

drodman

Postby drodman » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:26

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Data:<BR><B>Hi Kari.<BR>Are you sure? I can find some info about OCE (Online Capacity Expansion)in the documentation but nothing about RLM. (We're still talking about the ZCR 2010s do we?) RLM is only suitable for the 2200s and the 2120s according to the info you've send.<P>Best regards.<BR>Data.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi Data,<P>oh sorry, my mistake (I was looking 2120)... So there is no way to upgrade that single drive to RAID 1 without data loss?<P>brgds<BR>Kari

Return to “Server Products (archive)”