Hardware malfunction (Primergy B120)

All topics related to Server Products
scany

Hardware malfunction (Primergy B120)

Postby scany » Fri May 14, 2004 9:30

Hi everyone,<P>One of my clients experienced that the server (B120) showed a bluescreen this morning "Hardware malfunction, contact your supplier"<P>After viewing the evnt viewer I found and event id 15 that said possibly malfunction scsi host adapter or configuration.<P>After restart it works fine. Do you think there is anything I should do? Should I wait and see or prepare to change anything?

RHAF

Re: Hardware malfunction (Primergy B120)

Postby RHAF » Thu May 27, 2004 17:45

It could be an "one-time glitch" but I would make damm sure my backups are in working order!!<P>Regards,<BR>RHAF<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scany:<BR><B>Hi everyone,<P>One of my clients experienced that the server (B120) showed a bluescreen this morning "Hardware malfunction, contact your supplier"<P>After viewing the evnt viewer I found and event id 15 that said possibly malfunction scsi host adapter or configuration.<P>After restart it works fine. Do you think there is anything I should do? Should I wait and see or prepare to change anything?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

scany

Re: Hardware malfunction (Primergy B120)

Postby scany » Fri May 28, 2004 12:08

I talked to Siemens and they sent me a new disk and recommended me to change it. Alot of work but I guess thats the safest way to go. Havent had any trouble since.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RHAF:<BR><B>It could be an "one-time glitch" but I would make damm sure my backups are in working order!!<P>Regards,<BR>RHAF<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Server Products (archive)”